Montgomery to Winston-Salem

Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Quin said:

Kath lost his buddy 🙁

But also, I imagine someone is going to Birmingham soon from W-S to fill in for Sosa?

Feels like OF is the surplus in W-s, I wish they'd do a neslony to AAA, ellis/colas to AA

59 minutes ago, bmags said:

Feels like OF is the surplus in W-s, I wish they'd do a neslony to AAA, ellis/colas to AA

Is Neslony a "prospect"?  At 28, obviously not but the dude's numbers are very good, and frankly have been for most of his career.  He hits left handed.  Showing some pop this year.   Not sure he'd ever be anything other than an emergency option in Chicago, but with the depleted team in Charlotte, certainly feels like he should be there instead of Glass. 

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Is Neslony a "prospect"?  At 28, obviously not but the dude's numbers are very good, and frankly have been for most of his career.  He hits left handed.  Showing some pop this year.   Not sure he'd ever be anything other than an emergency option in Chicago, but with the depleted team in Charlotte, certainly feels like he should be there instead of Glass. 

No idea, but no reason imo to hold back some of these W-S outfielders and he’s done most to earn a call up.

A lot of excitement around Montgomery and rightfully so. Excited to see how he handles WS.

Does anyone have any scouting about how his defense has looked at SS? I know some of the talk around him at draft time was that he may project more as a 3B, especially as his body fills out more. How has he handled SS so far?

3 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

A lot of excitement around Montgomery and rightfully so. Excited to see how he handles WS.

Does anyone have any scouting about how his defense has looked at SS? I know some of the talk around him at draft time was that he may project more as a 3B, especially as his body fills out more. How has he handled SS so far?

I only have the box scores to go off of, but after a shaky start to the season he has really cut down on number of errors. (This obviously tells only a small part of the story)