7/4 Games

BamaDoc

One thing I've noticed Mena do today that I haven't noticed in the past is vary up his timing. At least twice today during his windup he will bring the leg up and pause much longer than normal before delivering a pitch. Unsure how common that is.

• Like 1

1 for 2 and a walk, and a RBI. Has anyone in Colson's draft class gotten off to this good of a start, in their pro career? He is really impressive. That has to be the longest on base streak in professional baseball, this season.

Edited by Lillian
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

1 for 2 and a walk, and a RBI. Has anyone in Colson's draft class gotten off to this good of a start, in their pro career? He is really impressive. That has to be the longest on base streak in professional baseball, this season.

Goldschmidt had a 46-gamer.
Nice streak for our guy. Hope he stays with the organization the next few years and we get to see him on the south side. 

29 minutes ago, Lillian said:

You framing it in those terms caused me to do a little bit of digging... of course we all know Montgomery has had an incredible season so far, but he's 18th in all of the minors in wRC+. Your guy Neslony is actually 21st, lol, but I digress... I think for best start amongst hitters from the '21 draft class it'd be between Lawlar or Montgomery. Lawlar's overall batting line is a bit better, but he had an extra weeks worth of games to beat up on complex league pitching (he also destroyed Low A and was promoted to High A today) whereas Colson's extra week of games so far has been in High-A. But the fact he's even in the conversation for best start from his draft class, one of the best hitters overall in the minors, etc is just so damn impressive. The guy seems to be a hitting machine.

• Like 7

When you consider that Montgomery was devoted to basketball, in high school and played in Indiana, where the weather is not conducive to Spring baseball, it suggests that he is still pretty raw and inexperienced. If this is how he looks now, who knows what he might become? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lillian said:

When you consider that Montgomery was devoted to basketball, in high school and played in Indiana, where the weather is not conducive to Spring baseball, it suggests that he is still pretty raw and inexperienced. If this is how he looks now, who knows what he might become? 

See Anderson, Tim. Just substitute Mississippi for IN. Add one year of JUCO baseball.

Good enough to walk on at Indiana.

Of course the White Sox have notoriously drafted hundreds of multisport stars since the KW regime.

Edited by caulfield12

49 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

See Anderson, Tim. Just substitute Mississippi for IN. Add one year of JUCO baseball.

Good enough to walk on at Indiana.

Of course the White Sox have notoriously drafted hundreds of multisport stars since the KW regime.

Yes, and it seems that most did not pan out. Anderson is the rare exception. My point was that Colson is performing much better than the raw athlete, I expected.

18 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Far too old and advanced for the DSL

Where do they play him next year?  Gotta skip at least one level, maybe two.

Edited by oldsox
spelling

Robert started in Kanny, I think Sanchez probably would have as well if not for 2020's covid year, but him and Cespedes were older than Chapelli. 

A-ball is likely but I'd say Kanny is most likely.