White Sox @ Royals 9/14 Gamethread

WSoxMatt

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)
Here's a crazy idea.....play Anderson for Everett tonight!

Or Borchard. Or Gload (but please don't bat them in the cleanup spot). But yes, Everett needs a seat on the pine and pronto.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:15 PM)
Carl can not hit a change to save his life lately.  He pulls his head off the ball every time.  Minor league players are not as fooled by a pitcher like Howell as much as major league players.  He doesnt have overpowering stuff, lets hit his ass.

Thing is, Everett hit a homer off of Howell the first time we faced him. Thus, Ozzie will keep him in the lineup for sure. Rowand looked awful vs Howell last time, but great at the plate last night.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 09:33 AM)
I saw the same quote, and didn't exactly seem like he appreciated being the "scapegoat" for the offense.

As long as he takes that fact and turns it into motivation to get his swing right, I couldn't care less how much he appreciates it. Fact is he needs to perform better and he should know it.

Go Get em Freddi-o...we need to parlay K.C. into another winning streak, and you're pitching on the road again.

Carl says:

Everett didn't believe he was "off-track."

"There are people who have done worse than I do," Everett said. "… I've played the least amount of games out of the regulars, but I'm right up there with their numbers, if you're into numbers. But I'm not into that.

"I've been around a while. I'm not a guy who is going to be upset by one at-bat. … I don't call anything a slump. That's for people who don't play to call it a slump."

Okay. Whatever. :headshake

Keep it going, Freddy. The Indians are facing Zito tonight. Let's get the magic # down to 11.

:gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 05:09 PM)
Carl says:

Okay. Whatever.  :headshake

Keep it going, Freddy.  The Indians are facing Zito tonight.  Let's get the magic # down to 11.

:gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:  :gosox1:

C'mon Freddy- time to bounce back! C'mon bats- you couldn't hit Mr. Howell last time, this time maybe you talked to Mrs. Howell or Gilligan for hitting tips against him.

C'mon Oakland! Help us out- you need tonites win more than Cleveland does. Hopefully Zito shuts them down!! I would love to see 11 next to Cleveland under the E# in the standings tonite.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 07:47 PM)
This is the second time around with a short break in between.  The Sox will get to Howell this time.  They always look much better against a pitcher in this situation.

Yeah, we kicked Johan's ass the second time we saw him in a short span last month :crying

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)
This is the second time around with a short break in between.  The Sox will get to Howell this time.  They always look much better against a pitcher in this situation.

Could you give me a couple examples of times this season where we've faced a pitcher 2 times within a couple weeks, done poorly the first time, and better the second time?

Not trying to be difficult, I just want to know whether there's really good data to back this up.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 14, 2005 -> 04:01 PM)
Could you give me a couple examples of times this season where we've faced a pitcher 2 times within a couple weeks, done poorly the first time, and better the second time?

Not trying to be difficult, I just want to know whether there's really good data to back this up.

Chacon owned us twice in a row, IIRC.