White Sox acquire Jim Thome per ESPNnews

Punch and Judy Garland

i say keep anderson...

but what i love about this deal is i honestly feel we can nab konerko back. And THAT is what's key. This deal is good know...but its even better if we sign konerko...

i'll miss you rowand, you are intertwined forever in m y life

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
I just vomited in my throat... Lets see... Good defense in Anderson... Terrible offense if Pierre... For a defense based team... Not of mention the terrible one is going to cost more... Heck with that...

ANDERSON OR BUST!

Getting rid of Marte >>>>>>>>>> Starting Anderson

If they get Pierre - Anderson will start in the minors and be great for insurance. Let him play everday and mature into a better player.

I was not on these boards last year, but I can imagine that the talk about Pierre will be the same about Pods when he was traded for. Pierre would be a nice addition now. He was also a center fielder on a World Series team

Edited by Soxman72

I still don't like the idea of having Pierre in the lineup. We'd have 2 leadoff hitters and 0 HRs from the first two spots in the lineup not to mention his pathetic arm in CF/LF. But I like him more than Anderson and if it only costs Marte + spects, I'll take it I guess.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)
Is the Gio/Haigwood prosepcts offical? Cause if it is, this deal looks a little more one sided.

Jim Thome coming home and waving his no trade clause to Chicago to finish his career. He will be a monster. We didn't need pitchers to be good for us 3 years down the road, we are going to repeat next year with Thome if we can resign Konerko.

quit whining about gio and haigwood...haigwood was a nonprospect who had a nice year gio never pitched over single A ball. This is a good deal for the sox they dump rowand when his stock is high and get thome for 6-7 mil when his stock is low.

Man, Thome is going to f***ing rake at USCF. Remeber that Phills-Sox wseries back in 2004? His homer off of Takatsu was pretty cheap and probably would've been and out in every other stadium.

I'll miss Aaron, but I'm really liking that "25" will be worn by a strikeout guy who will get on base 40%, not 17%, of the time.

So has anyone figured out what all this deal includes, specifically the player we gave up in addition to AROW and how much of his contract did the Phillies pick up? Damnit I'm gonna miss Rowand, but everywhere Thome goes, it seems like the fans embrace the hell out of him because of his blue collar mentality and he's just an overall nice guy. I don't think the chemistry will be a problem at all, and hell A.J. and Joe can go out and drink with Thome now... I like this trade mucho..

Gracias Kenny..