SoxFest: who is going?

Hangar18

Not going for the first time in a couple years. My work schedule pretty much blows right now (Busy season as a CPA is a lot of fun, WOOOOO) but on the bright side I will be snowboarding instead (and considering I don't get to go as much as I used to...I'd rather be doing that).

However, just 7 or so more weeks till I arrive in Arizona for spring training...YESSS.

But for those that do go, hopefully you can pass on any interesting info that comes from the seminars.

QUOTE(Al Lopez @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 01:38 PM)
Does anybody know why it was moved to the Palmer House?

I think they wanted it to be in a more intimate setting due to the fiasco of last years. I am sure there were other reasons, but I also thought that there were issues with the hotel having too much say as well.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 03:38 PM)
I think they wanted it to be in a more intimate setting due to the fiasco of last years.

I heard that, but they were passing out the little notes that Soxfest would be at the Palmer House at last year's Soxfest. I doubt they would have been able to arrange it that quickly. Something must have happened before the actual event. It seems weird they would deprive a lot of people a chance of attending Soxfest because the hotel wanted a say in what was going on. It would be interesting to see what exactly the reason really was.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 01:56 AM)
Just to update us who weren't there last year (I was there the year before), what was the fiasco last year?

The entire event. They decided to let about a billion people in there(the line to simply enter weaved through three floors and ended outside the building), and it just was not any fun compared to previous years. I really don't get it either, since they always claim their sold out, so why was the crowd so huge last year compared to previous years?

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 10:29 PM)
The entire event. They decided to let about a billion people in there(the line to simply enter weaved through three floors and ended outside the building), and it just was not any fun compared to previous years. I really don't get it either, since they always claim their sold out, so why was the crowd so huge last year compared to previous years?

The hotel overbooked and oversold the event, it had nothing to do with the Sox selling extra tickets.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 23, 2007 -> 03:47 AM)
The hotel overbooked and oversold the event, it had nothing to do with the Sox selling extra tickets.

Thanks to that debacle, my wife will never go to with me to SoxFest again.

'05 SoxFest was an absolute nightmare. Couldn't walk anywhere or sit anywhere without navigating through the ridiculously long lines that didn't exist in previously sold out Fests.

Hope the ones that are going to this yr's don't experience that. :gosox1: