Favorite not-so known ex White Sox

BearSox

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
He had/has a gigantic forehead.

I like how you threw in the option of him possibly getting some sort of surgery done to reduce his forehead size in the past few years... made me chuckle.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ May 29, 2007 -> 06:43 PM)
Noberto Martin back in the day. More recently I liked Jeff Abbott and Greg Norton.

Jeff Abbott was going to be a stud. But someone f-d with his swing, and then it went all down hill from there. Even though he wasn't the hitting coach back then, I blame Greg Walker.

Woody Held tossed me a batting practice ball. Louis Alvarado used to put on a show in fielding practice before the game. Rick Reichardt acted like he remembered my dad when we ran into him on an elevator. Ken Berry was one of the greatest center fielders ever. Walt Williams had no neck! Buddy Bradford hit one on the roof.

Edited by Carlo Paz

The entire '99 bench.

Chris Snopek

Mark L. Johnson

McKay Christianson

Brian Simmons

Jeff Abbott

Josh Paul(He'll be forever in White Sox lore though, so I guess he really isn't less known)

Yeah, the '99 team certainly takes the cake in being awesomely obscure.

Lyle Mouton just because one of my fav childhood memories is Gene Honda saying that name (to this day, it's the coolest sounding name Honda has ever said). I also liked Sean Lowe a lot, Charles Johnson's 44 games with in in 2000 were splendid, Lorenzo Barcelo is a legend, and Mario Valdez and Antonio Osuna were great.