Official Recruiting Thread II

illinois has commits jereme richmond, d.j. richardson, joe bertrand, brandon paul as well as recruits marcus jordan, nik garcia, crandall head, and anthony johnson. maybe a few others as well but i don't have all the names yet.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)
illinois has commits jereme richmond, d.j. richardson, joe bertrand, brandon paul as well as recruits marcus jordan, nik garcia, crandall head, and anthony johnson. maybe a few others as well but i don't have all the names yet.

I was told there are 25 guys scheduled to be there right now, which is pretty impressive.

Why are Boers and Bernstein on the air right now talking about Weber going the underhanded route to get recruits? I only caught the tail end of the conversation, but they were definitely indicating that Weber stole a recruit from under someone else.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 08:07 PM)
Why are Boers and Bernstein on the air right now talking about Weber going the underhanded route to get recruits? I only caught the tail end of the conversation, but they were definitely indicating that Weber stole a recruit from under someone else.

hmm. maybe bertrand from siu? there never was a commitment, but i know he liked siu.

or they could be referencing larry butler. butler is a prominent aau coach and he was jerrance howard's coach. butler has been at odds with illinois but took a much more gracious tone when howard was hired. i do know that d.j. richardson just switched to butler's aau program.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

None of Paul, DJ, or Bertrand were committed anywhere.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 01:44 PM)

I forgot about Jereme Richmond. I'll be seeing a lot of him this year as well.

QUOTE(thedoctor @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 08:14 PM)
hmm. maybe bertrand from siu? there never was a commitment, but i know he liked siu.

or they could be referencing larry butler. butler is a prominent aau coach and he was jerrance howard's coach. butler has been at odds with illinois but took a much more gracious tone when howard was hired. i do know that d.j. richardson just switched to butler's aau program.

or, it could be that b and b are just practicing their normal ssa-hattery.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 12, 2007 -> 03:07 PM)

If they think that Weber stole a recruit from under anybody in regards to the 3 verbals yesterday, they are simply lying. The Bertrand stuff, as I said when the SIU people here were claiming he verballed to them, was lies from the start. The only possible thing I could think of is they are basically saying Bruce hired Jerrance in order to clinch getting D.J. Richardson, which is not accurate. Yes hiring Howard did clinch D.J., and yes getting D.J. was the biggest reason why Bertrand gave an early verbal as well, but that isn't why they hired Howard and even if it was, that is nowhere near dirty, especially by the standards NCAA coaches set.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 13, 2007 -> 10:03 PM)
I just wet myself a bit.

try and contain yourself ;)

Nick Evans Dunk Contest

Wesley Clemmons Dunk contest

Dion Coopwood Dunk Contest

I have been looking for the video of Nick Evans dancing to Soulja Boy that made the ESPN top ten, but i havent been able to find it on Youtube yet

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Oct 14, 2007 -> 10:11 AM)
try and contain yourself ;)

Nick Evans Dunk Contest

Wesley Clemmons Dunk contest

Dion Coopwood Dunk Contest

I have been looking for the video of Nick Evans dancing to Soulja Boy that made the ESPN top ten, but i havent been able to find it on Youtube yet

Put it in the college basketball thread, GOSH. ;)

Dominic Cheek sounds like he was awfully close to commiting to Carolina at his visit this weekend. Hopefully he will do so in the next couple of weeks.

Zeller still seems to be a tossup to me between the Heels, Indiana, and Purdue, but we should know within a couple of weeks. He says that the latest misstep by Sampson will have no bearing on his decision.

Edited by JuiceCruz16

I would also be shocked if Shumpert comes to UNC now. With Cheek being the priority and being so close to committing for 09 it seems like Shumpert is on the back burner for Roy. He also got some bad vibes around Chapel Hill from the whole pick-up game story which was much to do about nothing Shumpert also has said he wants to be a point guard in college and he won't get as many oppurtunities for this at UNC. I expect him to go to Marquette where he will have a free run at running the point.

QUOTE(JuiceCruz16 @ Oct 16, 2007 -> 05:59 PM)
I would also be shocked if Shumpert comes to UNC now. With Cheek being the priority and being so close to committing for 09 it seems like Shumpert is on the back burner for Roy. He also got some bad vibes around Chapel Hill from the whole pick-up game story which was much to do about nothing Shumpert also has said he wants to be a point guard in college and he won't get as many oppurtunities for this at UNC. I expect him to go to Marquette where he will have a free run at running the point.

i've also heard marquette is where shumpert's going to go. would be a really nice get for them.