8/25 Gm. 1 - SOX vs./@ BAL, 5:05 CT, CSN

knightni

Am I the only one that hated that squeeze call?? I mean ok..bottom line he should get down the bunt, but Brian hasn't had much chance to bat this year let alone lay down a bunt. I'm sure the only practice he's had with a bat in his hand has been swinging. So let him swing. I know the worse possible outcome happened, but I just didn't like the call to begin with.

Oh well...pretty f***ed up game all around.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 06:42 PM)
From glancing at the schedule, im seeing June 23rd as the date. Both teams are in town, and have the day on that day.

June 23rd looks like it makes sense.. Sox just getting off a series with the Cubs, Orioles just getting into town for a series with the Cubs.. Both teams off.. though we'll have to travel to the west coast, so that would eliminate the travel day, which kind of sucks.

QUOTE (PlunketChris @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
June 23rd looks like it makes sense.. Sox just getting off a series with the Cubs, Orioles just getting into town for a series with the Cubs.. Both teams off.. though we'll have to travel to the west coast, so that would eliminate the travel day, which kind of sucks.

Meh. Just play the game at noon, and fly out after the game.

They will resume it August 25th in Baltimore. We will be the home team. At the end of that game, there will be a 15 minute break between that and the regularly scheduled game that day.

per PFB on the Score

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2008 -> 08:20 PM)
They will resume it August 25th in Baltimore. We will be the home team. At the end of that game, there will be a 15 minute break between that and the regularly scheduled game that day.

per PFB on the Score

I can live with that

I am guessing that the game will be resumed in Baltimore with the Sox as the home team and then they will play the regularly scheduled affair. A little birdie told me right before I read the top post.

Edited by elrockinMT

• 3 months later...

Baltimore Sun article on how the O's are going to have to play it:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/basebal...0,3690801.story

Basically, they will have no player bench. They have four or five pitchers left.

Here's the boxscore of the game.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CH...200804280.shtml

Millar / Huff replacement/ Luke Scott up for the Orioles in the top of the 12th, Quentin / Crede's replacement (Getz likely) / Brian Anderson up for the Sox in the bottom of the 12th.

Sox still have Griffey, Dye, Getz, Wise to use, plus Carrasco, Thornton, Dotel, Russell, Ramirez out of the pen.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Aug 24, 2008 -> 10:21 PM)
i think it's bull**** that we have to make up a home game in their park. this game should've been madeup long before tomorrow

If it's a W, I sure don't care. If we lose, then I'll agree with you... :lol:

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 12:14 AM)
How awkward will a walk-off be, where no one in the stands celebrates with the "home" team?

I was just thinkin the same thing.... I really hope we see that!! Do the Sox wear the road uniforms or the home uniforms for the first game? It would sure be silly to change pants after a quick game.

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 25, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
I was just thinkin the same thing.... I really hope we see that!! Do the Sox wear the road uniforms or the home uniforms for the first game? It would sure be silly to change pants after a quick game.

If they wear the black jersey, they only have to change pants.