Derrick Rose's High School Grades Were Altered

http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/159...memphis.article

Someone with access to Derrick Rose’s academic records at Simeon High School changed a D to a C, boosting the future Bulls Rookie of the Year's transcript for college, sources told the Chicago Sun-Times today.

Rose, 20, was one of four Simeon athletes whose grades were boosted for a one-month period after their June 2007 graduation and then changed back after the bogus transcripts had been sent to colleges, according to sources and a report by the CPS inspector general.

Memphis is also accused of improperly providing $2,260 in extra benefits for an associate of a player during the 2007-08 season. Yahoo.com identified the associate as Rose’s brother, Reggie.

What a dumbass. There is a chance Derrick knew nothing of this since his brother Reggie is a a-1 scumbag and practically keeps his on a string, but that is not likely. It's ironic that Reggie is now accused of receiving money from Memphis and he was the one always saying how kept a watchful eye on Derrick so bad influences couldn't affect him.

Edited by maggsmaggs

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ May 28, 2009 -> 06:47 PM)
http://www.suntimes.com/news/education/159...memphis.article

What a dumbass. There is a chance Derrick knew nothing of this since his brother Reggie is a a-1 scumbag and practically keeps his on a string, but that is not likely. It's ironic that Reggie is now accused of receiving money from Memphis and he was the one always saying how kept a watchful eye on Derrick so bad influences couldn't affect him.

maybe it wasn't there were any bad influences but instead that there were no other influences other than him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2009 -> 07:40 PM)
Wow, Derrick Rose really is an idiot. He couldn't get into Memphis without getting his grades fixed AND having someone take his SATs? That is PATHETIC. He is lucky the Zambrano stuff is all over the Chicago news, or he would be getting crucified.

I mean, it's simeon.

I really don't think this will change people's perception on him that much.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:20 PM)
I mean, it's simeon.

I really don't think this will change people's perception on him that much.

I agree, the NCAA/NBA system is such a joke and been going on for so long, I don't think players ever really take a hit when stuff like this comes out

I don't know. If a reporter like Selena Roberts wants to dig deep, she probably would find the pre-arranged deal with Adidas, more grade alteration, etc. Rose is a nice guy, but him and Reggie are slimeballs and I think Derrick is because he doesn't know any better. Obviously an English grade/Speech grade had to be altered because this guy gives the worst interviews ever.

Wow, Derrick Rose really is an idiot. He couldn't get into Memphis without getting his grades fixed AND having someone take his SATs? That is PATHETIC. He is lucky the Zambrano stuff is all over the Chicago news, or he would be getting crucified.

Who cares? He is a professional basketball player. I don't care about Memphis and root for the Bulls. It has no standing on his NBA career. I'll forget about this in a couple months.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 28, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
Who cares? He is a professional basketball player. I don't care about Memphis and root for the Bulls. It has no standing on his NBA career. I'll forget about this right now.

fixed.

Who really cares? I don't care if he even graduated high school honestly. He plays basketball. He's not going to be joining the supreme court anytime soon.

Edited by kjshoe04

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ May 28, 2009 -> 10:56 PM)
I don't know. If a reporter like Selena Roberts wants to dig deep, she probably would find the pre-arranged deal with Adidas, more grade alteration, etc. Rose is a nice guy, but him and Reggie are slimeballs and I think Derrick is because he doesn't know any better. Obviously an English grade/Speech grade had to be altered because this guy gives the worst interviews ever.

Devin Hester says hello. And I couldn't give a flying f*** about this. So D-rose might be a moron. He can play basketball really, really well.

anyone dogging rose should just go back to their cubicles at their 9-5's and take some more orders from their respective bosses. Rose may not have a high IQ due to having the misfortune of a cps education in horrible low budgeted areas. Just be thankful you never had to go through a similar ordeal. While you are in your respective cubicles taking orders, let him show his gift to the world, basketball. That's all I really care about.

Edited by rangercal

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 29, 2009 -> 01:10 AM)
Devin Hester says hello. And I couldn't give a flying f*** about this. So D-rose might be a moron. He can play basketball really, really well.

Exactly. People just like to point fingers to feel better about their situations.

QUOTE (rangercal @ May 29, 2009 -> 01:08 AM)
anyone dogging rose should just go back to their cubicles at their 9-5's and take some more orders from their respective bosses. Rose may not have a high IQ due to having the misfortune of a cps education in horrible low budgeted areas. Just be thankful you never had to go through a similar ordeal. While you are in your respective cubicles taking orders, let him show his gift to the world, basketball. That's all I really care about.

oh ok...because he went through CPS and lived in a low budgeted area we should ignore the fact that he and Calipari cheated...i guess your morality can be compromised if you went to CPS ...nevermind the hundreds of other basketball players that have legitimately made it through CPS or others from other cities in similar dire circumstances.....We should also Sammy Sosa for using steroids because he grew up dirt poor.....but meanwhile I'll go sit in my cubicle and take orders from my boss since i didnt go through CPS

Who cares what he did academically. If I was asking him to balance a quadratic equation, sure. If I was asking him to document a dna sequence, sure. If I was asking him to operate on me, sure. But the last time I checked, throwing a ball through a hoop doesn't require a certain SAT score. And thats his job.

I disagree, who cares? He is the prodigal son of Bulls basketball, there is nothing that can be done to him now that he is a pro.

Having this affect his career and liking the player are different things. What he did has no impact on his career, so sure, so what? I don't see anybody saying he should be suspended from the NBA or anything. However, as fans of the player, we know that he clearly cheated and broke the rules, which makes him much less likeable as a player. Zambrano is a jerk because of his antics, but this is no big deal because Rose, other than this systematic cheating, seems like a nice guy?

QUOTE (Disco72 @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:35 AM)
Having this affect his career and liking the player are different things. What he did has no impact on his career, so sure, so what? I don't see anybody saying he should be suspended from the NBA or anything. However, as fans of the player, we know that he clearly cheated and broke the rules, which makes him much less likeable as a player. Zambrano is a jerk because of his antics, but this is no big deal because Rose, other than this systematic cheating, seems like a nice guy?

Quite a stretch trying to compare on field antics of an asshole vs some folks who cheated for a kid behind the scenes.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:36 AM)
Quite a stretch trying to compare on field antics of an asshole vs some folks who cheated for a kid behind the scenes.

It sure is. Premeditated cheating to me is WAY worse than someone who loses their temper in the heat of the moment.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2009 -> 09:38 AM)
It sure is. Premeditated cheating to me is WAY worse than someone who loses their temper in the heat of the moment.

Lets be clear here, the guy never cheated in sports, it wasnt steroids, it wasnt a game day thing, he cheated so that he could get to the next level in an organization that he had no future in anyway. Its really not that big of a deal to me now to be honest. DROSE is too good of a bball player for this to do ANYTHING to his image. I'm pretty sure everyone or at least 99.9 percent of folks on this site knew he had cheated at some point in the process.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)

Ok, so the comparison sucks. That doesn't change the fact that this kid cheated - do you really believe he had no idea what was going on? I believe he knew, and I like him less as a result of it. I'll still cheer for him and the Bulls, but I don't have to like him.

Y'all are acting like this is a paradigm shift or some s***. Yes, athletes are dumb, and they are coddled, and people do favors for them that are sometimes in the gray area of ethics at best. You guys are acting like you're just finding this out for the first time.

Edited by lostfan