Catch All Anything Thread

kapkomet

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 15, 2010 -> 08:22 PM)
350__1_shoes_iaec1160898.jpg

Bought these today.....cushy on the feet.

Are those slippers? I got a new pair of shoes today, although I actually purchased them a few weeks ago. Eastbay had them on back order so it took a while to get here. It's big news for me, as I keep my shoes for a long time. They last forever for me.

Edited by Milkman delivers

If anyone is looking to get a tattoo or piercing may I suggest Insight Studios.

The March Anti Cruelty Society Benefit at Insight Studios:

Saturday March 20 2010 12pm-10pm

Sunday march 21 2010 12pm-8pm

Taken from the Anti Cruelty Society website:

Get inked or pierced to help the animals of The Anti-Cruelty Society! Insight Studios will be donating 100% of all tattoo and piercing profits from this specific weekend to helping the homeless animals at The Anti Cruelty Society. So if you've been waiting to get that tattoo of your beloved Mr. Kitty or want another piercing, stop by the studio or call ahead to discuss your design. Prices vary based on the service.

I've had work done there and they seriously kick ass. They have stellar yelp reviews.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
If anyone is looking to get a tattoo or piercing may I suggest Insight Studios.

I've had work done there and they seriously kick ass. They have stellar yelp reviews.

I would like to go for this. I bet they fill up quick.

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 16, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
Ironic that people against cruelty are for self-mutilation.

Just sayin'...

Usually for something to be ironic you need to compare several items that are somewhat related, and I can't see how cruelty and 'self-mutilation' (which you associate with piercings and tattoos) are similar. Everyone entering the door will be willing participants for whatever they want done to themselves.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 06:57 AM)
Usually for something to be ironic you need to compare several items that are somewhat related, and I can't see how cruelty and 'self-mutilation' (which you associate with piercings and tattoos) are similar. Everyone entering the door will be willing participants for whatever they want done to themselves.

Did you hear the one about the masochist and his sadist wife who used to torture him by refusing to torture him?

;)

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Mar 17, 2010 -> 06:57 AM)

Both are injury that causes pain.

http://www.mindpub.com/art202.htm

Some psychologists regard tattooing and piercing as acts of self- mutilation.

Piercing, tattooing, picking at skin, burning by a lighter or a cigarette or cutting by a knife or a razor are viewed by some psychologists as a cry in distress or self-mutilation of sorts. These are different ways to deal with the internal pain resulting from the conflict between the demands of family and demands of peers.

I was going to post this in the Finer Things thread, but decided instead that there might be a broader interest so I'm posting here.

With the Jewish Passover holiday season set to commence March 29th, Kosher Coke has started to show up is grocery story Kosher shelves in the ethnic food aisles. This is real Coca-Cola made with real sugar and not high fructose corn syrup. This is how it's supposed to taste. Having recently treated my kids to a couple cans of the recently released real sugar Throwback Pepsi, they absolutely flipped when they tried real Coke for the first time the other day.

The glass bottles of Mexican real sugar Coke that used to turn up at a few Hispanic grocery stores have pretty much been replace by a Coke product still from Mexico but now using corn syrup. The Kosher Coke is the only real sugar Coke I've seen here in about two years. Unfortunately, I'm only finding it in 2 liter bottles, because I'd much rather have single serving bottles that I can ration over the next year, reserving them for the occasional 10 Cane Cuba Libre that is infinitely better with real sugar Coke.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
I had mexican coca cola the other day. It was pretty good, and I dont know why but Coke in a glass bottle is just awesome.

Time to break out the cola truth equations again...

glass>aluminum>plastic

sugar>corn syrup

Real sugar coke>RC>Coke>Pepsi

I did try something the other day that I had never had before, it was a cola made with agave nectar, called Oogave. It was pretty good.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 18, 2010 -> 09:47 AM)
I had mexican coca cola the other day. It was pretty good, and I dont know why but Coke in a glass bottle is just awesome.

i just bought 5 bottles form the mexican grocery store across the street from me. They almost have an entire shelf just lined w/ bottles.

Man I just saw a car accident as I was coming home from work, I saw a kid (looked like he was about 9 and looked like he was lost or something) trying to cross the street I was trying to turn onto, and another car approaches the intersection from the right and tries to turn right,and another car was passing me on the right and going through the yellow and wanted to merge right at the same time. The car changing lanes in front of me hit the car that was trying to turn, and all of this pushes the collision back to where the kid was standing and he goes literally flying, must have been like 15 feet and he ends up on the curb across the street. I'm trying to figure out how it hit the kid hard enough to do that since the main force was from the car's velocity as it was going thru the yellow and that was going away from the kid.

Anyway I was actually on the phone at the time and I saw all of this about to happen, like it was in slow motion so I yell "HOLY s***" and hang up and get ready to call 911 but a couple of others were already on the phone talking to the dispatcher. I got out and went to go see if I could help the kid, I still remember some first aid from the Army but fortunately the fire station is literally across the street and they got to him almost immediately. From what I could see though, he was sobbing so he was obviously breathing, he wasn't bleeding, and he didn't seem to have any damage to his limbs, so he should (knock on wood) be ok... that was still really jarring to see and I can't get the image out of my head yet.