2011 Video Game Catch-All Thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
I thought about it, but I'm pretty pleased with Infamous and Wipeout so far. Infamous is surprisingly fun and Wipeout is a solid racing game considering I didn't have any in my collection.

I havent picked a 2nd game yet. Which of those two would you say is better?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 10:13 PM)
Yeah what's everyone going with? I'm getting infamous, have lbp, but can't decide on a second one.

i went with wipeout and dead nation.. I already had infamous and lbp.. i was tempted to get infamous again just because of how awesome it is but it would be a waste for me seeing as infamous 2 comes out this week.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 10:07 PM)
I havent picked a 2nd game yet. Which of those two would you say is better?

I'm really enjoying Infamous, but it's really about what genre you like better. I picked Wipeout because you can play for 15 minutes or an hour just the same. Easy to find a place to stop and it's a relaxing game for me. Infamous is addicting as hell like an open world game should be.

If you have other racing games, Wipeout isn't really that unique, but if you don't it can fill in that slot well. Infamous is more fun though, hands down.

Can anyone fill me in on what Playstation Plus gives me? I read about it on their site, but it seems like they're hyping up something that I don't give a s*** about.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2011 -> 10:05 PM)
I thought about it, but I'm pretty pleased with Infamous and Wipeout so far. Infamous is surprisingly fun and Wipeout is a solid racing game considering I didn't have any in my collection.

Yeah, I also picked Infamous and WipeOut. WipeOut seemed like a good mindless fire it up for 15 minutes sort of game. LBP seems like a time-sucker of which I have very little of to play video games these days.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 07:54 PM)
That $500 3D TV Sony is offering is quite awesome. Especially that ability to have the TV display two different things for co-op or two player.

That was my favorite part of Sonys show.

When they showed PS Vita's party chat system i thought for sure they were going to show that they are implementing it into the PS3 for the next patch.. But alas, i'll have to keep joining xbox live party's while playing on my ps3 :(

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 01:54 AM)
That $500 3D TV Sony is offering is quite awesome. Especially that ability to have the TV display two different things for co-op or two player.

I know they tried to play it off as a TV, but I'm pretty sure it's just a 3D monitor. And only 24 inches. Still not a horrible deal.

Anyways, I guess Microsoft's showing was horrible. Sony's sounded okay, but sounds like they did not really announce anything new. Nintendo goes tomorrow morning. I'm guess they will have the best e3 as usual.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 02:58 AM)
Lulzsec hacked Nintendo's servers just to show that they could do it. they didnt get any customer info, they just got a file and showed it off

It was only their website. And yeah, can't really steal much from Nintendo when their links to customers are friend codes. Also, one of the Lulzsec guys was apparently arrested today, but the group is denying this.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I know they tried to play it off as a TV, but I'm pretty sure it's just a 3D monitor. And only 24 inches. Still not a horrible deal.

Anyways, I guess Microsoft's showing was horrible. Sony's sounded okay, but sounds like they did not really announce anything new. Nintendo goes tomorrow morning. I'm guess they will have the best e3 as usual.

I like doing my gaming on monitors, TBH with you. Maybe it's because I play a lot of PC games.

I'm probably not going to buy that TV, as my roommates already have a 32 inch and I have a dual monitor setup, but it's certainly an enticing deal. If only I was rich.

Since I got an internship for the summer, I'm definitely going to get the new PSP. Probably going to help pay most of it off with the PS3 games I finish during the summer.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 12:12 PM)
Man, the WiiU looks incredible. The graphics look pretty unreal and it's about time they got some big-time 3rd party games.

It looks like a large DS to me.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 05:16 PM)
Does it have a well structured online system or is it still going to be friend codes? How long will the battery last on that controller?

EA said they have a structured online system in place. They are letting a rd party handling in, reportedly.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
It's pretty gimmicky, but one thing I do like about that controller is the ability to look at the smaller screen for menus (like in Zelda, looking at your inventory or map) without having to pause the game.

Something you could do on the DS, which is why I think it's like a gigantic DS. Nintendo's been the king of gimmicks since the DS, so this isn't surprising.