White Sox vs. Oakland A's

justBLAZE

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:00 PM)
the biggest thing is that ozzie comes out and says thornton is his closer in public, then deflates the guys confidence putting sale out there, then puts him in an impossible situation in which the likelihood of failing is high....its awful managing

Yet it's the exact same thing this board was clamoring for last week.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's pretty obvious to US that Santos is the choice...doesn't mean it will be to Ozzie, though.

Now we're managing to ruin the confidence of BOTH Sale and Thornton simultaneously. I know, I know....they're not so great if they can't battle through adversity, yadda, yadda, but you just wonder what kind of pitchers both will be at the end of September.

Sale has had two really rough outings now, too. Hopefully both these guys can get their fastballs elevated (in terms of velocity and not line drive altitude) as the weather heats up by at least six-eight inches.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
Don't play him if he's not ready.

He's in the f***ing lineup.

and it's his first game back, chill out. he's played what, 3 or 4 games? GAWD WHY HASZNT HE HIT TWO HUNDERD MILLIONZ HOMERZ!?!@??

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)
the biggest thing is that ozzie comes out and says thornton is his closer in public, then deflates the guys confidence putting sale out there, then puts him in an impossible situation in which the likelihood of failing is high....its awful managing

Sale threw 2 stressful innings last night. Even if he went 1-2-3 today, I would have felt like it was too much for him. When you also add into the fact that the 2 righties he faced today faced him last night, it's truly a pathetic decision by Ozzie.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 10:00 PM)

I think Juan Pierre deflated the guy's confidence by dropping a pair of fly balls.

These White Sox teams over the last few years just dont have "it." That cut throat we're better than you attitude, the ability tobeat opponents you should beat IE: the Minnesota Twins. I'm tired of if bull$@^* I dont care how much money we spend or "how stacked our lineup and roation is" back it up and do your job I'm tired of underachieveing since the post WS '05 season.

What were game threads like in 2005 when everything was so great? I find these a hell of lot more entertaining than all of those "we are amazing" comments.

Hilariously enough, I remember nothing from gamethreads in 2005 until the last 2 months or so when they really started to choke.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
Well, it's pretty obvious to US that Santos is the choice...doesn't mean it will be to Ozzie, though.

Now we're managing to ruin the confidence of BOTH Sale and Thornton simultaneously. I know, I know....they're not so great if they can't battle through adversity, yadda, yadda, but you just wonder what kind of pitchers both will be at the end of September.

Sale has had two really rough outings now, too. Hopefully both these guys can get their fastballs elevated as the weather heats up by six inches.

Santos will blow a save and be the wrong choice in no time. Give it a few days.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 04:02 PM)
What were game threads like in 2005 when everything was so great? I find these a hell of lot more entertaining than all of those "we are amazing" comments.

Oh you know, the same, even for the post-game threads.

"THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER" would be maybe three pages long at most.

If we blew a game though, you could count on 15+ pages. And of course the obligatory "Ozzie SUCKS!" comments. Just like, hey!....

Edited by LVSoxFan

Its as if some of you have never seen Adam Dunn play before, a large amount of at bats will end in a K. But he has a lot of productive ones too,

Dunn's obp was only like .458 before the game today, that dude is the reason the Sox are losing.

Whenever someone b****es about a Dunn K (yes, including a week after an appendectomy, LOL) I just laugh and move on.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Apr 13, 2011 -> 02:04 PM)
Hilariously enough, I remember nothing from gamethreads in 2005 until the last 2 months or so when they really started to choke.

And then along came the Rally Crede.