5/29 at Blue Jays

flavum

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
So is everybody in agreement Oz will be fired tonight or after the Boston series?

Or will it be Oz/KW both getting the pink slip tonight or after Boston?

This is the White Sox we're talking about. As much as we would agree that something has got to be done....alas, nothing will be done.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 29, 2011 -> 08:07 PM)
So is everybody in agreement Oz will be fired tonight or after the Boston series?

Or will it be Oz/KW both getting the pink slip tonight or after Boston?

When Ozzie can take the field and hit, run, catch and pitch and fails to do those things then I will support him being fired

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:35 PM)
This doesn't account for the possibility that I die in the meantime.

Another very good point.

In all honestly, this awful 2 month stretch has basically guaranteed that I won't be wasting money at the ballpark very often this year. I'll head out to 1 or 2 games this summer and that's about it. With discretionary income at a premium with a newborn in tow, wasting money to watch AA quality baseball isn't a high priority for me right now.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)
When Ozzie can take the field and hit, run, catch and pitch and fails to do those things then I will support him being fired

I posted this in another thread.

Its time for him to go. The minute you start ripping on the fans in some fit of rage because the seat gets a bit hot. You have overstayed your welcome.

"

They'll only remember the 2005 team in 2020 when we come here in a wheelchair," Guillen said. "Oh yeah, thank you. As soon as you leave the ballpark, they don’t care about you any more. They don’t. The monuments, the statues they have for you, they (urinate) on it when they are drunk. That’s what they do. Thank you for coming for 30 minutes for all the suffering you did all your life, day in and day out.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:38 PM)
Another very good point.

In all honestly, this awful 2 month stretch has basically guaranteed that I won't be wasting money at the ballpark very often this year. I'll head out to 1 or 2 games this summer and that's about it. With discretionary income at a premium with a newborn in tow, wasting money to watch AA quality baseball isn't a high priority for me right now.

And that is what the risk was here. Now we're payroll heavy and not going to be drawing fans, yet we can't really move any salary. They've got to get rolling here on this next homestand or this could get really, really ugly.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2011 -> 01:40 PM)

Its time for him to go. The minute you start ripping on the fans in some fit of rage because the seat gets a bit hot. You have overstayed your welcome.

"

Lee Elia says "Hi!".

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
It may also remain the same.

So it will either get better, stay the same, or get worse. I've added so much to this discussion.

I love it when you analyze.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
It may also remain the same.

So it will either get better, stay the same, or get worse. I've added so much to this discussion.

But what if none of those happen? Then what?

The only real way for fans to determine how good a manager has been if the manager consistently puts the team in the best position to succeed. If you believe Ozzie has done that, I want some of whatever you are on.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 29, 2011 -> 03:40 PM)

"

I've wanted Ozzie gone since last year when he said that if you disagree with the way he manages, go be a fan of a different team, or something along those lines.

I can't think of any manager who has gotten away with more shot than Ozzie.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 29, 2011 -> 04:08 PM)
I've wanted Ozzie gone since last year when he said that if you disagree with the way he manages, go be a fan of a different team, or something along those lines.

I can't think of any manager who has gotten away with more shot than Ozzie.

No kidding. The amount of s*** he says/gets away with isn't even comparable to other people in the sport. It's almost embarrassing.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 29, 2011 -> 04:03 PM)
The only real way for fans to determine how good a manager has been if the manager consistently puts the team in the best position to succeed. If you believe Ozzie has done that, I want some of whatever you are on.

Ozzie has avg 86 wins a season at the helm, as I already said in the other thread.. And a lot of those times, its been without the same level of talent as the other contending teams..

Is it really Ozzies fault that Rios cant hit water if he fell out of a boat? It must be because of Ozzie that Adam Dunn suddenly forgot how to be worth a damn.. Where is the line here of who is to blame? The coach who seemingly HAS been able to get the most out of what hes been giving, or the dude who gave him these mediocre players in the first place?

Weve already gone over a million times how KW hasn't really made any good moves in years.. well what if someone was GM that WAS making good moves.. do you think this team would still be under performing with Ozzie as manager? I don't.

How dare you bring any logic into this discussion after an emotional loss.