Tiggers @ Sox 7/27/11 Gamethread (1:10 CT)

QUOTE (Paulstar @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
I wonder if it is at all possible to make a Rios and a prospect for Uggla.

Uggla's power numbers haven't been terrible this year, but his average is only slightly better than Dunn. I don't know if the Braves are ready to give up on him yet considering the contract they gave him. However, I do know the Braves are looking for some speed in the OF.

The Braves have no need for a below average defensive batless OF, they already have good OF defense. They need thunder.

Uggla is also hitting .278 with a .924 OPS over the last month.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
If the Mariners hadn't of cut Milton Bradley earlier in the year, that could have been your deal for Rios. It's a player in a situation like Soriano or where Bradley was earlier in the year that I expect a deal to happen for at some point. It's two teams just moving dead weight. Balance out the dollars and see if the change of scenery does anything for either player.

Sorianno's contract might be the worst out there.

I really wish Rios would just go back to his old stance with those hands way low. At least he had an awesome first half last year with it. But I guess it's academic now since we'll be seeing De Aza out there the rest of the year if he can produce like he did today. A nice series win, but if the manager of this team was Soxtalk, we would most likely have swept as all of us could see Peavy was done after the 5th yesterday. Really what a joke to give a win away like that.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
Balance out the dollars and see if the change of scenery does anything for either player.

A player needing a change of scenery doesn't seem to benefit this organization.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:16 PM)
Rios owed - 38 mil

Sorryanal owed - 54 mil

I understand the salary differential but at least Soriano can occasionally hit...even hits a few out of the park here and there. Rios is literally as good as an NL pitcher right now.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:17 PM)
I really wish Rios would just go back to his old stance with those hands way low. At least he had an awesome first half last year with it. But I guess it's academic now since we'll be seeing De Aza out there the rest of the year if he can produce like he did today. A nice series win, but if the manager of this team was Soxtalk, we would most likely have swept as all of us could see Peavy was done after the 5th yesterday. Really what a joke to give a win away like that.

How about trying something new and dont completely take your legs out of your swing? His stance is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
Rios is going to ride the bench for three years. He's check out of baseball entirely, and will retire once this joke of a deal ends. The Blue Jays

They sure do. He also gave them the pieces to acquire Colby Rasmus.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
How about trying something new and dont completely take your legs out of your swing? His stance is ridiculous.

Greg Walker is working closely on fine tuning his swing. Given our terrible offensive output this year, Walker is putting in overtime to ensure he's earning his paycheck.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:19 PM)
I understand the salary differential but at least Soriano can occasionally hit...even hits a few out of the park here and there. Rios is literally as good as an NL pitcher right now.

He would make an interesting leadoff hitter. That's where he hit most of his homeruns. All players can occasionally hit until they come to this organization. It would be the sequal to Adam Dunn. Plus Sorianno's D is terrible.

I mentioned this the other day, but I'll say it again here.

I LOVE the fact that Ozzie is finishing games with the matchups he deems best, instead of being a slave to the ridiculous statistical construct we know as a save. This is the advantage of having an un-established closer.

All managers should do this, but don't, because established closers have save incentives all over their contracts.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:23 PM)

I LOVE the fact that Ozzie is finishing games with the matchups he deems best, instead of being a slave to the ridiculous statistical construct we know as a save. This is the advantage of having an un-established closer.

All managers should do this, but don't, because established closers have save incentives all over their contracts.

????

It sure seems like he's been very insistent that his "Closer" is going to get the save, even if it's just a 1 out save.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)

Today I'm only mad at him for leaving Morel on the bench and running Danks out in the 7th. I applaud the start of de Aza. The offense did their best to let Danksy down.

Amazing how one game changes everything perception wise.

Now we beat Detroit four out of six right? 2-3 there and 2-3 here.

Nice. It's about all you can hope for really.

I realize we still have played blah baseball, but can't b**** about 4 of 6.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 03:25 PM)
????

It sure seems like he's been very insistent that his "Closer" is going to get the save, even if it's just a 1 out save.

Well, he screwed it up twice already in the last week by eliminating the save situation for Santos. Perhaps we should be thankful that Ozzie doesn't know the rules for save eligibility. And perhaps he still wants to keep Sergio in the mindset of finishing games, regardless of situation.

I have no issues with Oz's handling of this.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
Maybe I'm wrong but Santos got a save today

Yes. Ozzie eliminated the save possibility for Santos in the Friday game at Cleveland and in one of the games at KC.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:24 PM)
:huh Santos earned a save in both Cleveland games.

My bad. It was Monday's game vs. Tigers and last Monday @ KC where Ozzie (probably unknowingly) eliminated Santos' chance for the save, but pitched him anyway.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen