Rumor: Rios/Thornton to Brewers for Gamel?

Steve9347

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
All 3 of those guys suck on offense, I am telling you why his case is DIFFERENT. Who are you going to give the more slack to, the guys who are making over $12M a year, doing terrible on offense, are aging veterans in the league, and while one is playing poor defense, the other plays almost NO defense, or the guy who makes league minimum, is doing terrible on offense, is a rookie in the league, and is playing great defense while hitting out of the 9th spot with very little expectations or reliance offensively?

It's pretty damn easy to see why people are more pissed off about Rios and Dunn than Brent Morel. Did I really need to spell that out?

No one ever said Rios and Dunn shouldn't be blamed for world hunger, Ocean's Twelve and Jericho being taken off the air. We all know they stink...but Morel has been a huge bust so far offensively.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 06:07 PM)
No one ever said Rios and Dunn shouldn't be blamed for world hunger, Ocean's Twelve and Jericho being taken off the air. We all know they stink...but Morel has been a huge bust so far offensively.

Yeah, he hasn't shown the power he needs to, but he's still hitting .283 since May 7 (which is also the date that our pitching decided to become the best in the AL).

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)

He asked why Morel gets a free pass offensively but Rios and Dunn do not. I answered.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:10 PM)
He asked why Morel gets a free pass offensively but Rios and Dunn do not. I answered.

I understand why he gets a free pass. I just dont think he deserves a free pass, because, quite frankly, he really really really has stunk at baseball this year

This team needs a third baseman bad if it has any plans on competing this year or next.

Morel can play defense, but his bat is terrible and not MLB ready. And Vizquel needs to get the hell off the 25 man as soon as possible. And please god, no Dallas McPherson.

There needs to be someone brought who can hit or who the organization will be able to hit and at least be able to platoon at 3B with Morel.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 27, 2011 -> 05:13 PM)
I understand why he gets a free pass. I just dont think he deserves a free pass, because, quite frankly, he really really really has stunk at baseball this year

You will be hardpressed to find a team who has a #9 hitter who is providing good offense. And if you do, he is likely not a defensive stud like Morel is.

So, Santiago and Ohman would be the lefties in the pen next year?

Assuming they want Sale in the rotation next year, Danks or Floyd would be gone. Throw in Stewart and Floyd would probably be gone. Rios gone means an OF is needed, unless it really is Milledge - De Aza - Viciedo. Or Gamel.

If this deal is true, I see Quentin, Danks, and Floyd all disappearing in the next few days.

Edited by Quinarvy

MrFantasyExpert Fantasy Expert

A bit surprised to hear that Eduardo Escobar could potentially be involved in this same deal from the White Sox.

27 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Nothing is final, and with as much money as Rios is owed, I am sure a lot of specifics are being worked out in terms $ eaten by White Sox

39 minutes ago

I don't care about being the "source" that broke the news for those asking, but the information being relayed is from someone close to talks

41 minutes ago

Still gathering minor league players being discussed from both teams in the Gamel to White Sox trade #whitesox #brewers.

50 minutes ago

Nothing is final quite yet, but the White Sox are expected to eat most of Rios's remaining $, and Thornton will be a centerpiece.

50 minutes ago

Centerpiece in the Gamel to White Sox trade is Thornton/Rios,still gathering more in terms of farm players being discussed. WS eating Rios $

52 minutes ago

From twitter

just from a quick read