2012 Films Thread

knightni

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One has to wonder how much the garbage that Sandler's put out for most of the last 2-3 years has finally caught up with him?

Most aren't blaming Tom Cruise for the failure that is Rock Of Ages, but Sandler's deserving a lot of the blame for the complacency that set in with his production company.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:36 AM)
One has to wonder how much the garbage that Sandler's put out for most of the last 2-3 years has finally caught up with him?

Most aren't blaming Tom Cruise for the failure that is Rock Of Ages, but Sandler's deserving a lot of the blame for the complacency that set in with his production company.

13-18 year olds still love all the garbage that Sandler dumps out (for the most part). That following alone will keep the wheels turning.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)
13-18 year olds still love all the garbage that Sandler dumps out (for the most part). That following alone will keep the wheels turning.

Not based on how little this one grossed?

I love Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It has been on HBO a lot lately and every opportunity I get I watch it. Just out of curiosity, in the original is Charlton Hestons ship named the Icarus? I noticed towards the end of RotPotA, they show the ship taking off and tv, and then when the apes escape and they go through the neighborhood where the kids are delivering newspapers, the headline on the newspaper is "Lost in Space?".

I am very much looking forward to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:36 PM)
I love Rise of the Planet of the Apes. It has been on HBO a lot lately and every opportunity I get I watch it. Just out of curiosity, in the original is Charlton Hestons ship named the Icarus? I noticed towards the end of RotPotA, they show the ship taking off and tv, and then when the apes escape and they go through the neighborhood where the kids are delivering newspapers, the headline on the newspaper is "Lost in Space?".

I am very much looking forward to Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

Although the name "Icarus" was never used in any of the original movies, yes, that was the name that was later given to the ship in franchise merchandise like toys and comic book treatments. Absolutely, the tv snippet of the spaceship expedition and the "Lost in Space?" newspaper headlines are setting up the Astronaut Taylor storyline very nicely.

I loved the original 1968 film. I didn't hate the Burton reboot as much as most people did, but obviously that was going to be a one shot deal. I really like what has been done so far in the new franchise with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and I think the screenwriters have done a good job tying together the plot elements of the original "Conquest of. . ." and "Battle for. . ." Apes films while avoiding the flimsy time paradoxes of the original series. At the same time, having Caesar be a chemically created super ape, as opposed to being the offspring of Cornelius and Zera sent back in time, is kind of a letdown for the lifelong fans of the cheesy original franchise like me.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
Although the name "Icarus" was never used in any of the original movies, yes, that was the name that was later given to the ship in franchise merchandise like toys and comic book treatments. Absolutely, the tv snippet of the spaceship expedition and the "Lost in Space?" newspaper headlines are setting up the Astronaut Taylor storyline very nicely.

I loved the original 1968 film. I didn't hate the Burton reboot as much as most people did, but obviously that was going to be a one shot deal. I really like what has been done so far in the new franchise with Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and I think the screenwriters have done a good job tying together the plot elements of the original "Conquest of. . ." and "Battle for. . ." Apes films while avoiding the flimsy time paradoxes of the original series. At the same time, having Caesar be a chemically created super ape, as opposed to being the offspring of Cornelius and Zera sent back in time, is kind of a letdown for the lifelong fans of the cheesy original franchise like me.

Yeah, but it is a reboot. Cant do everything the same.

"Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" was better than I thought it would be. Carrell an do drama and liked the way his character was handled.

Did seem at times that the screenwriter wanted to throw all these small scenarios about how people handle the Apocolypse in just to be clever.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter getting 3 stars from Roger Ebert. I can't wait to see this movie. looks entertaining...

Coming out next year a prequel to one of my favorite

Edited by juddling

Is everyone joking about the Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter movie?

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/the-reel-bre...-212615951.html

Very thorough article on why there's still a lack of films with female leads or largely targeting women as an audience.

Wonder if having a female GM or manager someday can or will change that for baseball? And which sport will be first, baseball or basketball?

Edited by caulfield12