Sports Media discussion

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:26 AM)
Haha Bernstein actually had the balls to try and call someone else on their source? That's rich.

Oh yea, when he first accused Wittenmeyer of making up something out of whole cloth, he also mentioned that he was using anonymous quotes and that he should attribute them

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
Oh yea, when he first accused Wittenmeyer of making up something out of whole cloth, he also mentioned that he was using anonymous quotes and that he should attribute them

The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle. Bryant can't "be on board" with the Cubs plan of not calling him up, so the CUBS can save some money and service time. But his agent is Scott Boras. He will not hold it against them. If he is as great as projected, the Cubs offer him the most money when he becomes a free agent, he will re-sign. But 6 years is a long time. Maybe he is gone by then. Maybe he sucks. Maybe Theo is gone.

But logically, there is no way he is happy about not getting called up, being screwed over, just because the team can. It makes sense for the Cubs, for sure. I don't blame them. But Bryant is getting a raw deal.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)
The truth is most likely somewhere in the middle. Bryant can't "be on board" with the Cubs plan of not calling him up, so the CUBS can save some money and service time. But his agent is Scott Boras. He will not hold it against them. If he is as great as projected, the Cubs offer him the most money when he becomes a free agent, he will re-sign. But 6 years is a long time. Maybe he is gone by then. Maybe he sucks. Maybe Theo is gone.

But logically, there is no way he is happy about not getting called up, being screwed over, just because the team can. It makes sense for the Cubs, for sure. I don't blame them. But Bryant is getting a raw deal.

I agree, this is kind of what i was saying in my previous post. No matter what though, 6 years from now if Bryant is the real deal, Boras is going to be pointing at his numbers and saying "Pay us this" and saying the exact same thing to the high bidders like the Yankees, Red Sox, and Dodgers. If the Cubs dont pony up and he ends up somewhere else, it wont be because he wasnt called up in 2014.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 09:50 AM)

Yup on all of this.

• 3 months later...
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 05:20 PM)

Mannelly was only ok on the air but dear lord there is no one in the business worse than Kaplan.

Wait what? Mannelly has already been let go?

Is Speigel gone too?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Glad Manelly is gone. Hope it's Kaplan and Haugh. Don't respect Kaplans opinion but god it'd be nice to have someone other than B and B who aren't all Bears talk.

Total opposite, can't stand kap and haugh, and Manelly and Speigel were developing good chemistry

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
Total opposite, can't stand kap and haugh, and Manelly and Speigel were developing good chemistry

I agree with this. Really enjoyed listening to them everyday. I refuse to listen to kap or watch him on tv. Hope the score being the white sox radio network scares him away lol

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)

I don't mean to say I think a lot of Kap and Haugh, because I dont. But I'll just say I don't think it's a coincidence Manelly leaving coincided with the end of the football season. I know it's a Bears town but the thought that you only need to talk Bears is ridiculous. See B and B. Love them or hate them they are some of the most successful Chicago sports radio hosts of all time, and they are all over with their topics.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 09:47 AM)
David Kaplan has no opinion of his own. He is just another who takes the opinion that will generate the most calls. He is an idiot.

The little I've hear of Kap on radio, he tries to hard to be funny or sound young and hip. Doesn't seem natural to me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 31, 2015 -> 11:38 AM)
The little I've hear of Kap on radio, he tries to hard to be funny or sound young and hip. Doesn't seem natural to me.

That's because he has no substance. It is all show. Even a guy like Mariotti knew what he was talking about in order to push buttons. I don't think Kaplan even does that much.