2013-2014 NHL thread

Looks like Hawks are going with the youth movement next season. Pretty easy decision, especially comming off another Cup. Let these kids grow with the core. Can't wait to see how guys like Pirri/LeBlanc, Morin, Hayes, Smith do.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 11:24 AM)
Looks like Hawks are going with the youth movement next season. Pretty easy decision, especially comming off another Cup. Let these kids grow with the core. Can't wait to see how guys like Pirri/LeBlanc, Morin, Hayes, Smith do.

It's the way of the world in today's NHL. You spend your money on your core group of great players, then you fill the rest of the roster with young cheaper talent. I wouldn't be surprised if they signed a couple older veterans to one-year deals too.

Use the promo code someone posted to buy a signed Blackhawks puck by Andrew Ladd, now just have to figure out how to get Saad to sign the other side of the puck and be ready to put it with both papers and get it all framed. Anyone have any idea where you can find where players go to do signings?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 1, 2013 -> 09:36 PM)
Use the promo code someone posted to buy a signed Blackhawks puck by Andrew Ladd, now just have to figure out how to get Saad to sign the other side of the puck and be ready to put it with both papers and get it all framed. Anyone have any idea where you can find where players go to do signings?

Why get both sides signed and then frame it? Then you're hiding one the signatures, right?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 08:26 AM)
The Islanders bought out Rick DiPietro and his wonderful contract. They will pay him $1.5 million per year until 2029. Maybe the Flyers should give him a chance, lol.

I saw on Twitter yesterday "If it is July 1st, that means the Mets owe Bobby Bonilla $1,193,248.20 today... and each July 1st through 2035"

So, the Mets continue to win the idiotic buyout race

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 10:12 AM)
I saw on Twitter yesterday "If it is July 1st, that means the Mets owe Bobby Bonilla $1,193,248.20 today... and each July 1st through 2035"

So, the Mets continue to win the idiotic buyout race

ha, I had forgotten about that atrocity.

I feel like Chicago media has been framing this offseason already as "it's 2010 all over again!". On ESPN Chicago the only headline has been Bolland and Frolik getting traded and nothing on Bickell staying. For my money, our first line forward who had a great playoffs and is young, re-signing with the team is a bit more important than the end of our inspiring yet oft-injured Bolland and Frolik, who was finally relevant through special teams. And now there's a huge story on how Stalberg will test free agency. I thought Stalberg should have played games 1-2 in cup finals, but, this is the type of turnover you can expect in hockey year after year. It's not 2010.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 05:38 PM)
They literally have nothing else to report on right now.

They won the cup a week ago, they can rehash the same s***ty story on effort and TWTW and I'd still read that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
Vincent Lecavalier wants 5 years @ $25 million.

ie - gtfo

hello Toronto...

edit---well maybe not. Darren Dreger is saying Philly is Vinny's choice.

edit 2---wow, that was fast. Dreger confirms Vinny to Philly for 5yr/4.5 per

Edited by zenryan

Vinny also got a no trade clause.

Vincent Lecavalier has agreed to sign a five-year, $22.5 million deal with the Philadelphia Flyers.

His deal will also include a full no-movement clause, according to TSN's Darren Dreger. The deal won't be official until Friday, but the Flyers have landed themselves a very capable center to play behind Claude Giroux if he can avoid injury.

Per Rotoworld

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 2, 2013 -> 07:43 PM)
This is after they missed the playoffs, bought out Briere and Bryzgalov, then paid a fortune for Mark Streit and now Vinny.

Wow.

This made me laugh:

Dave Lozo@DaveLozo

Lecavalier: "I'm tired of playing on an offense-first team with a weak blue line and shaky goaltending. So I am signing with the Flyers."