How will ozzie be remembered?

ron883

The score was recently talking about some celebrity softball tournament going on, and they mentioned ozzie was playing in it. my first thought was "i dont want this piece of crap returning to chicago." The dude is completely unprofessional, packed it up early with the sox, and has a complete jackass of a son. everything about this guy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This old article pretty much sums up a lot of my feelings.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/baf...aseballs-ditka/

how do you think he will be remembered? I hope that that people will dislike him for the piece of crap that he is due to the new age of media. The dude is completely ungrateful to the sox, and wasn't a major piece in the world series IMO. Will he become a chicago legend like ditka, or will people remember him for how awful he was in the later years?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be Ditka, but when I think of 2005 I think of him fondly. I don't think of him fondly in the present, though I've been softening on that lately. I think he got a rough taste of reality on his way out of Miami.

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 01:39 PM)
The score was recently talking about some celebrity softball tournament going on, and they mentioned ozzie was playing in it. my first thought was "i dont want this piece of crap returning to chicago." The dude is completely unprofessional, packed it up early with the sox, and has a complete jackass of a son. everything about this guy leaves a bad taste in my mouth. This old article pretty much sums up a lot of my feelings.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/baf...aseballs-ditka/

how do you think he will be remembered? I hope that that people will dislike him for the piece of crap that he is due to the new age of media. The dude is completely ungrateful to the sox, and wasn't a major piece in the world series IMO. Will he become a chicago legend like ditka, or will people remember him for how awful he was in the later years?

I'll remember him as a jerk. He was an overrated player, too. It's great that he was part of the WS, but the way his career ended was downright unprofessional. He got paid way too much money to act like a child

I'm thankful my ex took my virginity 5 years ago, which ranks right up there with the White Sox winning a World Series title, but that doesn't mean I have to give a f*** about her or like her anymore.

That's about how I feel about Ozzie...except that I think I like my ex more.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 03:52 PM)
How can you be a Sox fan and say those things about Ozzie? Pretty harsh. I mean this is big boy sports. We won it all finally cause we had a big boy manager. Who gives a f*** about all that other side s***?? I thought all his antics were funny as hell, or should I say entertaining as hell.

Amen.

Ozzie Guillen led the White Sox to a WS title. If it's so easy, why hasn't anybody else done it since 1855 or whenever our last title was?? Who cares about his kids? Who cares that he quit with a couple games left? Who cares that his ego is huge?

I love the guy and yet fully realize his ego is big as U.S. Cellular Field. If I met him he might tell me to go f*** off. Who cares?? He gave me a title. Thank u Ozzie.

So you admit he quits on the team, but you remember him so fondly? I don't even understand. So by this logic, any manager/coach who wins a title in any sport is free from criticism for their entire career, no matter what happens?

Oz was a terrible manager, a quitter, and a jerk. I can't believe you don't even care that he quit on the team, yet you lament other sox players for doing much less.

Why hasn't anybody else done it? because it takes a lot of luck, and great management above. Is the manager who brings the Cubs their first title the GOAT?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:02 PM)
He was a good player and good ss. He probably should have taken more walks, but aside from that he was damn good.

Based on what? Just because you love him doesn't make him a good player. He was garbage on offense.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:03 PM)
I'm thankful my ex took my virginity 5 years ago, which ranks right up there with the White Sox winning a World Series title, but that doesn't mean I have to give a f*** about her or like her anymore.

That's about how I feel about Ozzie...except that I think I like my ex more.

A+ analogy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
As far as the "quitting" issue, I don't really care that he left the team with 2-3 games to go or whatever it was. Who cares? The season was over by then anyway.

So you are ok if any player or coach quits on a team during the season? Would you grill Rios or Dunn if they did that?

QUOTE (ron883 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:10 PM)
So you are ok if any player or coach quits on a team during the season? Would you grill Rios or Dunn if they did that?

Winner....ofcourse he would grill them both.

doc%20holliday.jpg

Doc Holliday-"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds." (Tombstone)

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
As far as the "quitting" issue, I don't really care that he left the team with 2-3 games to go or whatever it was. Who cares? The season was over by then anyway.

YET YOU WANT THE SOX TO WIN NOW EVEN THOUGH THEIR RECORD IS HORSEs***.

f***ing bulls*** greg, stop making excuses for Ozzie when you blast players in the ass every time they do the same thing.