2014 TV thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 7, 2014 -> 10:02 PM)
I know most everyone in this thread bailed on SHIELD, but I just caught the episode where they show (and somewhat explain) Agent Coulsons resurrection/Tahiti memory and it was pretty wild. I can't quite explain what they did to him though

It was definitely meant to be a little vague as to exactly how they did everything but still make it incredibly wild. Yeah that shot of him on the bed was more than a little creepy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jan 8, 2014 -> 03:15 PM)
Justified premiere was great. It had everything I love about the show -- Raylan getting involved in some backwoods trouble, and Boyd being a bona fide badass.

Agreed. Saw some critics didn't care for premiere but I thought it was excellent.

Have always dug Alicia Witt.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:36 AM)
OK, so I've finally dug into Breaking Bad. I've finished the first to seasons. Starts off slow, but I like how it continually builds. I'm really enjoying it.

Once you get about halfway through S3, the show explodes and takes off until the very end. Very intense and crazy s***.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 12:51 AM)
Once you get about halfway through S3, the show explodes and takes off until the very end. Very intense and crazy s***.

You still get the feeling that characters are evolving. You get glimpses of crazy Walt and Jesse in and out of being on point and being a total junkie. I can't stand Skyler and her sister. And Saul is hilarious. What an awesome sleezeball. He reminds me of a video game character.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:01 AM)
You still get the feeling that characters are evolving. You get glimpses of crazy Walt and Jesse in and out of being on point and being a total junkie. I can't stand Skyler and her sister. And Saul is hilarious. What an awesome sleezeball. He reminds me of a video game character.

The characters don't stop evolving. They are all so different from S1 to S5, it's crazy.

And if you hadn't heard, Saul is getting a spinoff dramedy to air hopefully this fall. It's a prequel though, so don't read in to what the may mean for him in the BrBa series.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Lena Dunham apparently went off on a reporter who had the gall to ask her why she's naked all the time in her show. About time someone told her to cover up. Yuck.

Only attractive people should be nude!!!!!

I don't watch the show. Tried but hated it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:23 AM)
Only attractive people should be nude!!!!!

I don't watch the show. Tried but hated it.

I think it's more that the nudity isn't really necessary or part of the creative image of the show. At least that seemed like the point the reporter was getting at when he asked her the question.

I gave it 2 episodes and was disgusted by her and hated the characters. My wife hate watches it but also made the comment before that she's naked all the time for no reason other than to be naked.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Lena Dunham apparently went off on a reporter who had the gall to ask her why she's naked all the time in her show. About time someone told her to cover up. Yuck.

it's kind of funny to have such polar opposites on the same show. allison williams who won't do nudity, and lena who will be naked for the whole ep. :)

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 11:50 AM)
Lol, accurate. I still don't understand the love for her.

Her movie, "Tiny Furniture", is brutal. Well, the first 10 mins are cuz that's all I watched.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)
it's kind of funny to have such polar opposites on the same show. allison williams who won't do nudity, and lena who will be naked for the whole ep. :)

Ya someone needs to make them reverse roles.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 01:16 PM)

Upon googling her to find out what she looks like, I found she is the daughter of news anchor Brian Williams. Maybe that has something to do with her not wanting to do on-screen nudity.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jan 10, 2014 -> 04:10 PM)
Any new shows that started that are worth a watch?? Was thinking about Chicago PD and True Detective.

I watched the premiere of Aliases. It was alright. Some of the accents were comically bad but it's based on a true (and very intriguing) story and the first episode was interesting.