2014-2015 NFL Football thread

I am all for giving talents a lot of chances see me and Beckham, Gordon. That said, this is so toxic it is time Emery, Trestman, every coach, and Cutler hit the road. Start anew.

It's pretty apparent Cutty isn't going to lead you to the promised land, and 2015 is already screaming the new offense etc. excuse for a performance that will at times be brilliant, and at times look like he should be a back up in Junior College.

Although this is a clown show, it is starting to get pretty entertaining.

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 12:23 PM)
Cutler deserves a ton of blame this year but I'm kind of expecting him to light it up with some other team next season. Just seems like something that would happen to the Bears.

I think 2013 was pretty much peak performance. Where is he going to have those types of weapons?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
I would rather watch Fales like most of you. But if he isn't ready, maybe it's good not to throw him out there against a defense as good as the Lions. He could get eaten alive.

That said, I am also looking forward to seeing Clausen. Not because I think he could be our starter next year, but rather, I think it's important to find out if he can be a quality backup. No matter who our starter is next year, if Clausen plays well to end the season, then it will be reassuring to know we have a decent backup QB with could win some games for us if the starter gets hurt.

Is he signed for next year?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 10:24 AM)
I am all for giving talents a lot of chances see me and Beckham, Gordon. That said, this is so toxic it is time Emery, Trestman, every coach, and Cutler hit the road. Start anew.

It's pretty apparent Cutty isn't going to lead you to the promised land, and 2015 is already screaming the new offense etc. excuse for a performance that will at times be brilliant, and at times look like he should be a back up in Junior College.

Although this is a clown show, it is starting to get pretty entertaining.

It really is insane how quickly the dumpster caught on fire and how it continues to spiral to other dumpsters.

Remember that hit that Cutler took to the sternum earlier this year.

What is going to happen is we will hear he has been playing with broken ribs/bruised sternum all year and that is what has been the problem and that is why he is no longer starting.

I don't know, this whole damn thing is surreal.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 12:36 PM)
Remember that hit that Cutler took to the sternum earlier this year.

What is going to happen is we will hear he has been playing with broken ribs/bruised sternum all year and that is what has been the problem and that is why he is no longer starting.

I don't know, this whole damn thing is surreal.

This is the best adjective for this season

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 01:11 PM)
So, the Bears backup QB (Cutler) will be speaking to the press today, not the starter (Clausen)? So Bears.

come on homeboy, i covered this two pages ago. GET WITH IT :P

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
If he is good, he turns into McCown, and someone overpays for him. If he sucks, we don't want him anyway. Play the rookie you have under control.

I don't see anyone overpaying him for 2 good games. McCown had half a season where he tore it up. But 2 good games might be enough to see if he's worthy of a roster spot as a backup.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:36 PM)
I can't believe this team won 5 games.

To be fair, those 5 teams' combined record was 23-47. (.329) Only one of them is still alive for a playoff spot and that's solely based on playing in the worst division in NFL history.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 08:39 PM)
To be fair, those 5 teams' combined record was 23-47. (.329) Only one of them is still alive for a playoff spot and that's solely based on playing in the worst division in NFL history.

Yeah, I know we didn't beat good teams, but I can't believe this team is better than anyone. They always look like the worst team on the field even when they win. Except Tampa I guess.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)
Yeah, I know we didn't beat good teams, but I can't believe this team is better than anyone. They always look like the worst team on the field even when they win. Except Tampa I guess.

Even Tampa shut them out for the first half :(

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 18, 2014 -> 02:40 PM)

Agreed, and it's not like they dominated Tampa by any means. Tampa just forgot how to hold onto the ball for one 5-minute stretch.