3/10 Sox vs. Brew Crew on MLB Network

ILMOU

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 04:58 PM)
Not sure if the team would be better but it would be more fun to watch Semien and Micah instead of Ramirez and Beckham

Couldn't agree more....

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
Wilkins trade bait to anyone?

s***, we have an open DH spot next year. Wilkins has always been perceived to be a low-talent player, so I doubt he could ever have much value unless he produced in MLB

The kids all looked good today. Leury G. bunt sungle and sac. bunt to put men on 2nd and 3rd . Wilkins 1 for 1, 2 rbi , Trayce Thompson 1 for 1 infield single, Mitchell 1 for 1, scored the winning run on a Keppinger GO. I think Keppinger grounded out all 5 times he batted, last one was the FC that scored Mitchell. Danks 1 for 3 , 2 run HR. Gillaspie 1 for 3 , double, Flowers 1 for 3 ,double. De Aza 2 for 3.

Dunn ,Keppinger ,Alexei combined 0 for 12.

Seems like the Sox relievers who pitched today have been in as many games as Abreu.

Some highlights for anyone who missed it. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/mlb/gameda...ox&c_id=cws

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 10:15 PM)
People can't act surprised when they see Dunn strike out against left handed pitchers. Even good LH batters tend to be awful against LHP

I wonder if the Dunn haters were complaining about his 2 for 3 & 2 RBI game last week? He was going to left and maybe he will do that more this year

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 07:07 PM)
I wonder if the Dunn haters were complaining about his 2 for 3 & 2 RBI game last week? He was going to left and maybe he will do that more this year

Yeah, the Reds' announcers said they never saw him do that...

I think that ball in particular they were referring to was a double that clipped the 3B bag.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
Dunn ,Keppinger ,Alexei combined 0 for 12.

They are veterans. Professional vets know that spring training stats are meaningless. They are just testing a few things and just don't want to show their stuff until it counts.

These are the 3 that will lead the rebirth!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)

Absolutely complaining. Every 2/3 game makes Robin trot him out there to go on another 1/23 streak. Every 2/3 game where he runs into a ball or two makes Dunn apologists like you point fingers at Dunn haters in a condescending manner and also, even worse, gives you hope that he's figuring something out.

Let the haters hate. He's paid $15 million dollars on a team representing a blue-collar part of town, bats in the middle of the order and sucks. How can you tell people not to be upset with him during a 1/20 streak? It's ok to say he sucks. He's ours for another year- let the people boo if they want.

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
s***, we have an open DH spot next year. Wilkins has always been perceived to be a low-talent player, so I doubt he could ever have much value unless he produced in MLB

You may be thinking of Dan Black here?

Wilkins was a 5th round pick, drafted for raw power potential, ranked among org Top 20 each year through 2012 according to BA and our own rankings. His trade value isn't much because he's an "OK" 1B prospect who is 25 and blocked, but he was never what anyone would consider "low talent". In fact, a strong year at Charlotte and a mid-season trade of Dunn likely means Wilkins in Chicago this year.

Black is more the mold of what you are referring to, in terms of being a guy whose tools have never stood out but has performed along the way anyway.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Mar 10, 2014 -> 11:17 PM)
Absolutely complaining. Every 2/3 game makes Robin trot him out there to go on another 1/23 streak. Every 2/3 game where he runs into a ball or two makes Dunn apologists like you point fingers at Dunn haters in a condescending manner and also, even worse, gives you hope that he's figuring something out.

Let the haters hate. He's paid $15 million dollars on a team representing a blue-collar part of town, bats in the middle of the order and sucks. How can you tell people not to be upset with him during a 1/20 streak? It's ok to say he sucks. He's ours for another year- let the people boo if they want.

MURICA