White Sox vs Rays - 4/25 - 7:10 - WCIU - Game 1 of 4

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 06:54 PM)
And who is coming up? Come on, think a little. It's better to get him MLB experience in a throwaway year. Just buckle up, it's going to be this way all year.

There is just nothing impressive about Erik Johnson at all

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:54 AM)
And who is coming up? Come on, think a little. It's better to get him MLB experience in a throwaway year. Just buckle up, it's going to be this way all year.

Yep, see what he has with regards to being a future member of this rotation in 2016, etc. One thing that has to change immediately is his demeanor on the mound.

Johnson may need some AAA time, especially if he's not pitching with confidence. He just doesn't have the mound presence he had last year. But when you can't throw strikes, that'll happen.

Tommy Hanson threw 5 no-hit innings tonight for Charlotte.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:54 PM)

Quite a bit of difference from getting experience and getting smoked every start.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 07:53 PM)
Cooper's doing just a wonderful job with the pitchers this year....ugh

It always amazes me, if the offense is bad, or the defense is bad, it is the coaching. If the pitching is bad, they just suck. Johnson was supposed to be a stud. Why isn't anyone saying the pitching coach has failed him?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 26, 2014 -> 01:56 AM)
It always amazes me, if the offense is bad, or the defense is bad, it is the coaching. If the pitching is bad, they just suck. Johnson was supposed to be a stud. Why isn't anyone saying the pitching coach has failed him?

Everyone always talks about Cooper stressing not overthrowing the fastball in order to get more control. Well, everyone's velocity is way down, as is the control. The pitching staff was pretty overrated last year, and now it's an absolute disaster this year. Outside of Sale, it seems like none of the pitchers have any confidence this year in their stuff.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 25, 2014 -> 05:59 PM)
If it makes you feel better, the great Matt Davidson is 0-3 with a strikeout and hitting .167.

based on what he's shown in the past, I'll wait a month or two before passing judgement on him. I think he'll turn it around.