5/18 White Sox @ Astros 1:10 CT CSN

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 18, 2014 -> 02:33 PM)
What's he saying?

On how dayan swings wildly at times and how he just swung at ball 4. He said something yesterday too about day an needing to be agresive in a good way but not over doing it, things to that extent

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:35 PM)
Danks threw BP to Carter.

His fastball is BP-worthy now. I don't think I can recall two pitchers in Danks/Johnson seemingly losing velocity from one season to the next for no reason.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:38 PM)
Danks is not a good pitcher anymore, face it front office

Nothing they can do about it now. Might as well keep pitching him every 5th game and hope he remembers how to throw 90 mph.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 18, 2014 -> 02:38 PM)
Danks is not a good pitcher anymore, face it front office

So what should they do in order to indicate that they're facing it? Release him and pay the remaining >$30 million on his contract? Trade him and pay $20 million for the priveledge to move him for nothing? Send him to the bullpen and put Carroll or someone like that who clearly is earning the job in the rotation?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 18, 2014 -> 07:40 PM)
So what should they do in order to indicate that they're facing it? Release him and pay the remaining >$30 million on his contract? Trade him and pay $20 million for the priveledge to move him for nothing? Send him to the bullpen and put Carroll or someone like that who clearly is earning the job in the rotation?

If someone was willing to take Danks and Sox paid 1/2 of his remaining salary, I'd be all for it.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:43 PM)
I'd rather have someone else. f*** De Aza.

Ventura blasts his base running, and of course, he's playing today. Sierra makes a great defensive play yesterday....and he's out today.

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 18, 2014 -> 01:42 PM)
De Aza just flat out sucks

DeAZA really needs to be released Sox need to quit putting up with his nonsense on a daily basis. Danks this is the Astros and you are getting killed.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ May 18, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
Wow. What a s***ty display of baseball.

95 losses, here we come. Between injuries and probable trade deadline moves, it's very possible this roster ends up worse than last year's.

Edited by fathom