June 2 Game Thread Sox vs Dodgers

Heads22

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 37s

Jose Abreu was hit hard enough that he left the field and went into the clubhouse.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 07:09 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN 2m

Jose Abreu was just hit hard by an errant throw while getting ready to stretch before BP.

He was hit in the elbow by a pitch in a simulated game the other day, now this? :o

So instead of Adam Dunn playing LF against a guy he is hitting .615 off of with a 2.335 OPS against in his career, instead, Robin will give him the day off and instead play him in LF tomorrow against Dan Haren, whom he is hitting a career .111 against with 50% K-rate and .516 OPS.

f***ing brilliant. This is what happens when you blinding follow the L/R matchups and never actually LOOK at the numbers vs. another pitcher/handedness. What an idiot.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 09:55 AM)
I'll be there 7 rows up behind home plate on the left handed batters box - perfect spot for a lefty / lefty show down. Still a bit disappointed that Sale isn't going but it'll still be a great matchup. I'm hopeful for a white sox winner!!

Fine don't ask me to go :P

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 05:09 PM)
nice link but I can't stand that website can't pause the vids, awful

That's odd I can pause the vids , just run your mouse over the bottom of the video and the pause control shows up. The commercials you can't do anything with.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 08:30 AM)
I'm predicting Abreu will take Kershaw yard at some point in the game.

I'm tempering my expectations since it his 1st game back , it's Kershaw, Abreu doesn't hit LH's as well as RH's and is much worse on the road. But I hope you're right.

62 at bats since Eaton last walked, which means he hasn't drawn a walk since he returned from the DL.

Also, he has one extra base hit during this time, and that was a double on a misplayed fly ball by Alex Gordon.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2014 -> 09:16 PM)
62 at bats since Eaton last walked, which means he hasn't drawn a walk since he returned from the DL.

Also, he has one extra base hit during this time, and that was a double on a misplayed fly ball by Alex Gordon.

He's been getting to 3-ball counts relatively frequently, just is not taking with 3 balls