Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, bad move Bhawks, nice capitalizing on it NY Islanders. Good for Nick Leddy getting the time and respect he deserves.

We could have kept Leddy and shipped out/cut Oduya & Rozy. Let TVR, young kids learn in the 5-7 spots.

Even if Leddy was going to walk & we couldn't afford him, we could have shipped him out at the deadline for depth.

We could have also traded Bickell and Sharp to clear room.

Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Leddy should have been the 1-4 Dmen on this team through it's championship window. BHawks really screwed the pooch on this one.

Edited by rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 06:16 PM)
Yep, bad move Bhawks, nice capitalizing on it NY Islanders. Good for Nick Leddy getting the time and respect he deserves.

We could have kept Leddy and shipped out/cut Oduya & Rozy. Let TVR, young kids learn in the 5-7 spots.

Even if Leddy was going to walk & we couldn't afford him, we could have shipped him out at the deadline for depth.

We could have also traded Bickell and Sharp to clear room.

Keith, Seabrook, Hammer, Leddy should have been the 1-4 Dmen on this team through it's championship window. BHawks really screwed the pooch on this one.

let me ask this question, do you really think Bickell has any value where a team will give up prospects or even a pick for him??

leddy, i was never that high on him. made a lot of defensive mistakes for wanting to jump in the offense.

just my opinion.

Yes, Bickell has value. Maybe not a ton of value, but it's not like we got a lot for Leddy. One long shot yound DMan who could work out.

Speaking of defensive mistakes, sure Leddy made some. He would have made far less than Oduya/Rozy/Runblad/etc make. He was also learning and getting better. He's a +12 on the New York Islanders.

If Championships are the goal, then you play for them aggressively. If no one wanted Bickell, for anything (which would not be the case), you cut him if he's not worth keeping and you need the space.

We needed Leddy, we all knew he was going to be traded only bc of cap room, and it sucked then and sucks now. I will be traveling up to Tampa to watch the Hawks play the Lightning this week. Not looking forward to facing that offense with our current D and Crawford's confidence questionable.

Good for Leddy, he ended up in a good spot too on Long Island with that roster getting better. No way in hell could the Hawks have given him that much money anytime soon. These cap casualties would be easier to stomach if there weren't so many current players on the roster that weren't earning their keep.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 24, 2015 -> 10:28 PM)
Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein · 36m 36 minutes ago

Per sources, #Blackhawks' locker room complicated by some untidy personal lives right now. Q's job: keep things from distracting/dividing.

Sharp banging more chicks?

And my favorite part about Leddy was that he always skated the puck in to the offensive zone with speed, especially on the PP. Everyone else just dumps it. Although at $5.5M, I'm not sure the Hawks could afford him anyway, unless we moved Sharp years ago like I've been asking for. And not giving Bicks that contract would have helped retain Leddy as well.

I watched the play about ten times and the hit doesn't seem that hard. (still wrong, but from some of the comments I was reading elsewhere I expected a flagrant cheap shot) But if you look at his left skate he seems to lose his balance just enough. Landing into the boards like that meant his left side took a much bigger hit than if he was in open ice.

Dammit

The Panthers have now injured two of the leagues top scorers and young stars in like 2 weeks. What do they have against offense?

6 weeks would be the end of the regular season, 10 weeks is early May, at least the 2nd round of the playoffs. They should still hold on for a playoff spot, but beating Nashville or STL without Kaner is gonna be awfully tough.