7/21 KC Royals @ Chicago White Sox

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Even Hawk was giving some love to AAA farmhand Andy Wilkins. No one else does, even the Top 20 prospect list on the team web site. He is not on it, but a bunch of non-performers are. Wilkins is hitting the cover off the ball, leading the league in HR's, and not a mention. Same on FutureSox in all those top 10/20 lists. Not that I criticizing FutureSox, because I really like it. Kudos to Hawk.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:55 PM)
Even Hawk was giving some love to AAA farmhand Andy Wilkins. No one else does, even the Top 20 prospect list on the team web site. He is not on it, but a bunch of non-performers are. Wilkins is hitting the cover off the ball, leading the league in HR's, and not a mention. Same on FutureSox in all those top 10/20 lists. Not that I criticizing FutureSox, because I really like it. Kudos to Hawk.

Going off of Hawks record as a GM, I would go with what FutureSox saids.

Hawk is kind of right. It truly is "when" you play teams. Remember that last home series vs. KC. Sox stood no chance. KC was that hot; Sox were not.

Tonight, even though it was Guthrie, even though Sox blew a zillion chances, the Sox dusted off a bad, slumping, anemic KC team.

Nice job, Bella and Jake, to close it out.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 21, 2014 -> 09:58 PM)
Going off of Hawks record as a GM, I would go with what FutureSox saids.

I don't agree with some of future sox stuff (sans Jeff and Dan views on spects most of the time) but I definitely agree with this statement. :lol:

Edited by SoxAce

Now the Chen returns tomorrow.

There is absolutely no reason Bruce Chen should get our major league hitters out tomorrow. He's that bad a pitcher this year. Would be nice to see some of our hitters like Dayan, Abreu, Paulie, even Flowers elevate and knock that bum out via the home run ball.