SoxFest 2015

GGajewski18

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 04:54 PM)
Has it ever sold out this early? I am not even sure if it has ever sold out.

I think all the worlds collided perfectly for this. Higher expectations for the team. 2005 World Champs to be celebrated, and people who haven't gone in years now see the prices make sense. thanks, Dick.

I've gone to every Soxfest in the past. I've always gone on Saturday and it was always jammed packed every year. I don't know about the Friday and Sunday crowds but all the Saturday crowds were big. I couldn't get a ticket for the Saturday date this year. I couldn't get on line. So instead I bought a ticket for Sunday. I like going every year. I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully Hahn will make an announcement that weekend that the White Sox have acquired another starting pitcher.

Edited by WBWSF

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jan 9, 2015 -> 08:28 AM)
Chris Berman was nails on a chalkboard in that series.

all the anouncers were pulling for the redsox in that series. I loved us sweeping them. Game one was great when we crushed them, you could tell berman wanted to go home half way through the game.

QUOTE (venom4789 @ Jan 10, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
all the anouncers were pulling for the redsox in that series. I loved us sweeping them. Game one was great when we crushed them, you could tell berman wanted to go home half way through the game.

I can still hear the "Oh no" from game 2 when Iguchi's ball went under their 2b's glove.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 08:04 AM)
So is there a schedule of events to check out anywhere online? I grabbed a saturday ticket and wouldnt mind planning my day. Can we purchase stuff for players to sign there or does it need ot be beforehand?

They usual publish the schedule publicly the week of the event. They do have a full set up with tons of vendors to buy stuff from, as well as the White Sox garage sale where they sell tons of game used stuff.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
You can purchase stuff at a marked up there at a marked up price provided that the autograph session isn't right at the beginning of the day. I would advise purchasing stuff prior though unless you're into buying jerseys at the garage sale. They have a bunch 8x10s, balls, etc. but the only real value there is the gear that's a year or two old. I somehow got a Quintana shirsey for $5 last year.

I think there were some deals last year, like big Abreu pictures for $15, baseballs were what you'd pay most places. Those were from the vendors. The Sox sold some stuff for cheap, the $10 fitted hats is a go to, I bought a jacket for $50, $10 game used pants usually the bobblehead selection is weak and over priced.

I'd like to hit the sale on Friday, so if anyone has an extra they aren't using that night let me know. I'd make it worth your while.

Edit - Posted the same thing on another message board- 2 WEEK BAN. Oh my.

Edited by My_Sox_Summer

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
LOL "see you in two weeks!"

Busted for solicitation. Told to buy a hotel room. Sadly, none are available.

That said, to expand on my above post, I just wanna hit the sale at SoxFest on Friday. Just in and out, hour tops, plenty of time left to get into line for (3+ hours) to get Geoff Blum's autograph! Happen to have an extra pass and not be using it on Friday? (early would be the best, I work downtown) Send me a message. I will not provide sexual favors, but I could hook ya up with a bobble head or something to say thanks. If you like beer, it will be REALLY nice.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 12, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Wait, what? You were banned for posting that you found good deals at Soxfest?!?!

Nah, I was banned cause I was looking to use someone's pass for Friday, if they were not using it.

I just wanna see what they have for sale, maybe get something and leave.

That is against the rules, as it is 1 - solicitation and 2- I am just too cheap to buy a hotel room and passes, to go spend money.

No big deal, but I have dealt with very generous fans in the past, just putting it out there. I give back when I can too.

Go Sox!