Sox Actively Shopping Viciedo

Heads22

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 12:25 PM)
With all the relievers we are bringing in, I can totally see Hahn trying to get creative on a deal attaching one of Petricka, Putnam, Guerra in a deal with Danks to a team that needs starting pitching and bullpen depth and can take on Danks contract

I could see that too. I can see Webb on his way out with Danks to acquire a LFer.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 12:24 PM)
I'd really rather not trade him for a reliever at this point.

Hahn was saying they aren't going to be bringing in any "$20 million a year" guys this year, so if Viciedo is traded, unless they have something else lined-up, it seems to me Ichiro is next since Nightengale said they have already been talking. I'm sure they know what it would take to sign him.

One thing you do need at USCF is power. If you have Ichiro in LF, Eaton in CF, Gillaspie at 3B and Micah at 2B, IMO, Hahn is going to have to find someone to hit some HR who can at least split time with Ichiro and be able to play LF when Eaton is sitting down.

I know he had a really good year, but I would be really happy if the Sox did something at 3B other than Gillaspie. It is too bad Hahn couldn't have made the Samardzija trade bigger and picked up Donaldson.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 11, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Bob Dutton ‏@TNT_Mariners 32s32 seconds ago

Hearing not. Those talks seem to have cooled. @antreas_x mariners close to viciedo?is that true?

Battle of beat writers here. So who's right?

I'm sorry, but if Merkin of all people is saying it, well then it's happening.