2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
Someone posted an in-theater (low quality) video of a teaser trailer for Rogue One. That was kind of a cool, unexpected thing this soon. Can't link it from here, but search on YT and you'll find it.

They start filmming in two weeks.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Why do you feel like people dont like these movies because there is not as much humor as Marvel? That is the last of any reasons I dont like Man of Steel, and also the last of any reasons I thought BvS trailer looked like a mess.

I think the original script for X3 can be found on the internet and it sounds like that could've been amazing, they should have waited for Bryan Singer to finish Superman Returns. The finished product was literally conceived in a few weeks as they had to meet the start date of production and that's what you get when you hire Brett Ratner.

Also the script to the Deadpool movie has been on the internet since 2011 and is still out there. It's really good, if anybody feels inclined to read it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 13, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
BvS looks like a soup with every possible ingredient thrown in, hoping that something stands out. Usually when movies are made like that, they end up pretty bland (XMen 3: The Last Stand) and pretty bad.

The movie from a plot standpoint seems to be a pretty natural profession from Man of Steel. Superman is not only being held responsible for the damage that occurred in the MoS finale and has Batman investigating him, but Snyder and Nolan said that the arrival of Superman inspires the other members of the JL to come out and see what is happening as they have all been affected/inspired by the events of the film. The amount of world building that movie did was nuts.

And I wouldn't compare it to X3, where quality story telling was clearly sacrificed in exchange for quick cash. Remember BvS was supposed to come out on 7/17/15 but Zack Snyder and WB pushed the movie back to May of 2016 so that they could have some time to get the script and story right. And there's more talent in front of and behind the camera on BvS than compared to X3.

And let's not condem the movie or any movie for that matter before you see it.

Oh, Self/Less was decent.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 06:45 AM)
Who's going to Ant-Man?

The reviews seem pretty good/solid but not expecting too much.

Rudd's an acquired taste for most...love his sarcasm but we'll see how he plays it as a superhero.

I'll be seeing it. I was skeptical because preproduction was a clusterf*** but like you said, the reviews are solid.

I think the Rudd casting is interesting but that's the point. He doesn't look like a normal superhero. Kyle could add more.

Watched a couple movies recently.

Red 2 - I enjoyed the original movie (apart from them killing off Morgan Freeman's character). The sequel was pretty good. Anthony Hopkins does a great job with a smaller part and you can't go wrong with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I'd say it's a solid 3 out of 5, just for the entertainment of it.

Pacific Rim - Fun popcorn movie. The CGI tended to get all muddled, so it was hard to keep the illusion of people in robots fighting monsters. I also had a tough time accepting Charlie Day as a scientist. There were so many deaths, at a certain point, I stopped caring whether the main characters lived or not. 2.5 stars out of 5.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Watched a couple movies recently.

Red 2 - I enjoyed the original movie (apart from them killing off Morgan Freeman's character). The sequel was pretty good. Anthony Hopkins does a great job with a smaller part and you can't go wrong with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I'd say it's a solid 3 out of 5, just for the entertainment of it.

Pacific Rim - Fun popcorn movie. The CGI tended to get all muddled, so it was hard to keep the illusion of people in robots fighting monsters. I also had a tough time accepting Charlie Day as a scientist. There were so many deaths, at a certain point, I stopped caring whether the main characters lived or not. 2.5 stars out of 5.

a nice description for enjoying the movie. fun popcorn movie...... i am going to use that from now on.

red 2 was funny, kept the humor and everyone was great.

Jurassic World, while entertaining, was pretty stupid. Of all the scripts to hit your desk, you chose the one based around a genetically modified, genius dinosaur and militarizing raptors?

Idiotic.

The nods to the original were the only saving grace for me with this film.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
Jurassic World, while entertaining, was pretty stupid. Of all the scripts to hit your desk, you chose the one based around a genetically modified, genius dinosaur and militarizing raptors?

Idiotic.

You're seriously downloading movies without paying for them and then complaining about the quality?

You get what you pay for.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)

Idiotic.

i am with you esp at the end..... but on the outside looking in, look at what the cost it took to make the movie and what it brought in....

also i don't know if it is me, but the lead actress is lacking.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
You're seriously downloading movies without paying for them and then complaining about the quality?

You get what you pay for.

I don't see how downloading the film makes me any less able to criticize it. Yeah, I have a 4 month old at home, so hitting the theater isn't my top priority right now. I'd have been there opening weekend if possible.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
I don't see how downloading the film makes me any less able to criticize it. Yeah, I have a 4 month old at home, so hitting the theater isn't my top priority right now. I'd have been there opening weekend if possible.

Does your daughter know her father is a criminal?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)

Idiotic.

Agree. It was a pretty fun movie but I don't understand how it became such a cultural phenomenon. The idea of the militarized dinosaurs is just ridiculous with the types of weapons we have right now.

And I'm not sure this needs a spoiler tag but:

There are flaws like this in every movie but are you telling me they couldn't have just called the main hub where they monitor all the dinosaurs to ask them to track the Indominus without driving away from the paddock to do so? Come the f*** on. She makes that call and there is no movie though obviously.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
Jeff Bridges is almost becoming a caricature of himself.

Yea, that was absolutely a paycheck movie where they asked him to play a variation of his cowboy character that has popped up in a few films