2015 TV Thread

LDF

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last Man on Earth is so good. I love it.

I've started Battle Creek (new show by Vince Gilligan), and for a cop-procedural, it is pretty good so far. Dewey Crowe and Choo-Choo from Justified are in it so far, and in the first 2 episodes I've seen, Vince has managed to slip "making meth" in to each episode. In ep. 2, they've gone as far as to create a meth lab to make maple syrup, but it certainly looks like a Breaking Bad style cook.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)

I've started Battle Creek (new show by Vince Gilligan), and for a cop-procedural, it is pretty good so far. Dewey Crowe and Choo-Choo from Justified are in it so far, and in the first 2 episodes I've seen, Vince has managed to slip "making meth" in to each episode. In ep. 2, they've gone as far as to create a meth lab to make maple syrup, but it certainly looks like a Breaking Bad style cook.

Vince Gilligan really isn't involved in Battle Creek at all though is he? I thought his name was still on the project to get viewers but he hasn't been involved since like 2009? I could be wrong.

Vince Gilligan really isn't involved in Battle Creek at all though is he? I thought his name was still on the project to get viewers but he hasn't been involved since like 2009? I could be wrong.

I appreciate what it is but I wish Will Forte's character was more likable and Carol was less annoying.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 08:58 AM)
Shameless

Mickey is ready to kill Sammi. I still wonder what the effect of Cameron Monaghan joining Gotham will have on the status of Ian's character for Shameless.

This whole thing with Frank and the doctor is weird, but what else is new.

I just saw the episode last night. I can't believe Sammi did that. I'm really curious how they're all going to respond to this.

As for Cameron Monaghan on Gotham, is it even known how much he'll be in the show? If it will be significant I would not be surprised at all if he's sent away on Shameless or killed off. I don't think Shameless has more than 1 or two more seasons left anyways.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 06:00 AM)
I appreciate what it is but I wish Will Forte's character was more likable and Carol was less annoying.

Just watched two episodes last night, I definitely had some genuine laughs so thats a good sign.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
I just saw the episode last night. I can't believe Sammi did that. I'm really curious how they're all going to respond to this.

As for Cameron Monaghan on Gotham, is it even known how much he'll be in the show? If it will be significant I would not be surprised at all if he's sent away on Shameless or killed off. I don't think Shameless has more than 1 or two more seasons left anyways.

I could. For as terrible/pyscho as she's been, Carl really did take her "baby" away. So she's lashing out, looking for revenge. What I don't get is why she's allowed back at the house. A little too convenient for the sake of the story. I knew she was going to do something dramatic, why else have her around?

So far the season has been pretty meh, even though some scenes/episodes/plot lines have been stellar. I don't care about Carl, I don't care about Lip and his professor (much better with the asian chick/figuring out how to pay for school). They've neutered good Kev from past seasons. Fiona with the triumvirate of guy troubles, which you know will end badly no matter what so it's not really that interesting (the shortness of the steve/jimmy return was also a disappointment). The show's continued need to explore Debbie's sexuality at 13-14 (yuck). Oddly the best part of the last few episodes has been the Frank story line. He's actually been a nice guy.

They're kind of limping to the finish a bit IMO.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 24, 2015 -> 06:00 AM)

Agreed. The show should have been 3-4 episodes of him doing crazy s*** while being the last man on earth. That was the best part of the show. Adding in Carol would have been a good midseason break.

He can easily do both shows. Shameless only has 12 episodes a year.

I was legitimately angry and hope she takes a shovel to the teeth. Her and Karen are two of the most despicable characters I've ever hated on TV shows.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 02:14 AM)
After finishing this season of The Challenge it has me wanting to go back and watch other seasons. For those of you have watched from way back, which season should I start with?

Oh man, there are a lot of good ones. I miss the days of Kenny, Evan, CT, and Bananas all in the house. I can't pinpoint the seasons, but I liked most of the seasons that CT was in because he was pretty much a psycho.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Mar 25, 2015 -> 07:33 AM)
Oh man, there are a lot of good ones. I miss the days of Kenny, Evan, CT, and Bananas all in the house. I can't pinpoint the seasons, but I liked most of the seasons that CT was in because he was pretty much a psycho.

I could do without Bananas in any season, hes the worst.

I liked when Kenny and Wes were teamed up, not sure what season that was though.