2015 AL Central Thread

flavum

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
I'm reading the post again and the tone strongly indicates you were not being sarcastic.

It's fine if you wanna be a Royals fan, go for it. Just be honest.

As I said before, I lived in KC for ten of their worst years and empathized with their fans during a thirty year stretch of oblivion.

But I can promise that you will never see me write a single line at a Royals' fan site, either.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
Wonder if the Royals are going to come in chippy and looking for payback after that opening series....

We should be the ones looking for payback,

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 06:14 PM)
Motherf***er! Have the Yanks always had his number?

He's on your fantasy team or you're trying to negotiate his long-term deal in free agency?

The Yankees, on paper, could have a really nice offense...but they're going to need full-health seasons from A-Rod, Beltran, Tex, McCann, Ellsbury, Headley, Gardner, etc.

Edited by caulfield12

It's a great day, Tigers and Royals both on the verge of losing. Sox to gain a game on both. Need 3/4 from KC this weekend to get back in this thing and also to get back to .500. Start the series with a win tomorrow to set the tone. KC was fortunate enough to miss our ace last time around but not this time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:57 AM)
Is it OK to feel bad for Nathan, but happy for the Tigers?

Absolutely, but the problem is that Nathan wasn't very good anymore. I know it makes their middle relief thinner, but they are a better team with Soria in the 9th than Nathan.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 6m6 minutes ago

The catch with Joe Nathan: Tommy John revisions, especially with flexor-tendon tears, require a much longer rehab time. Closer to 18 months.

So he's looking at a potential comeback at 42 years old after surgery.

I could see someone giving him a minor league contract, but he's got to be done. He had a great career.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 11:33 AM)
So he's looking at a potential comeback at 42 years old after surgery.

I could see someone giving him a minor league contract, but he's got to be done. He had a great career.

Not sure why he would have the surgery unless he plans a comeback. Not that it will be an easy rehab.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Not sure why he would have the surgery unless he plans a comeback. Not that it will be an easy rehab.

So if he retires, that's not something you would need to operate on for normal living? Or is there a simpler procedure?