White Sox sign Jesse Crain

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
If everything works out a perfectly, a bullpen consisting of Petricka, Putnam, Guerra, Duke, Crain, Jennings, and Robertson seems damn solid to me. You also have guys like Cleto, Montas, Jones, Carroll, Surkamp, etc who could possibly be in the fold as well.

It's nice to have a plethora of options.

Plethora? Would you say we have a plethora of men? Do you even know what a plethora is? (said in my best mexican accent from the Three Amigos)

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 03:52 AM)
Plethora? Would you say we have a plethora of men? Do you even know what a plethora is? (said in my best mexican accent from the Three Amigos)

yous guys are killing me.

(said in my best joe pesci in goodfellas accent) :lol:

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jan 22, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
If everything works out a perfectly, a bullpen consisting of Petricka, Putnam, Guerra, Duke, Crain, Jennings, and Robertson seems damn solid to me. You also have guys like Cleto, Montas, Jones, Carroll, Surkamp, etc who could possibly be in the fold as well.

It's nice to have a plethora of options.

Daniel Webb?

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 07:19 AM)
The Peavy deal could wind up being highway robbery

I think he meant that it's bad luck in that some key pieces Hahn looks to deal end up being hurt or in a slump at the deadline.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 08:15 AM)
Daniel Webb?

He might be on the outside looking in and will have to fight for a spot.

Crazy considering what we thought of him a year ago.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Webb

He might be on the outside looking in and will have to fight for a spot.

Crazy considering what we thought of him a year ago.

i am still high on him. it wasn't a good yr with the expectations thrust on

him, but i still think he was rush. he still might develop into a matt thornton

type of pitcher. his stuff is still great.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 08:35 AM)
This is zero risk, but to expect anything out of him isn't wise. He hasn't thrown a pitch in the major leagues since he was a White Sox.

Bumped for emphasis. Don't go slotting him into the major league pen. Webb, for example, is absolutely ahead of him in line.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 08:13 AM)
Bumped for emphasis. Don't go slotting him into the major league pen. Webb, for example, is absolutely ahead of him in line.

I'd like to point out that Webb's mother passed away during last year's ST. No imagining how that can affect a young man. I believe that Lexi's bad '13 was not unrelated to personal issues either, and he was an established big-leaguer already.

I think he has plenty of talent - time for him to step up.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
I'd like to point out that Webb's mother passed away during last year's ST. No imagining how that can affect a young man. I believe that Lexi's bad '13 was not unrelated to personal issues either, and he was an established big-leaguer already.

thank you.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)

They also did their usual thing of "slamming a guy into the big leagues". Was a starter in the minors at A-ball, switched to the bullpen, in 2013 got 20 innings in AA, 27 innings in AAA, and that was it for him above A-ball before being in the bigs.

This was a minor league signing and that's because Crain hasn't been healthy enough to pitch for a year and a half, but I genuinely think that if he's healthy, he's making the big league roster because he's going to be one of the 7 best relievers on the team. I just don't know that he'll be healthy.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
They also did their usual thing of "slamming a guy into the big leagues". Was a starter in the minors at A-ball, switched to the bullpen, in 2013 got 20 innings in AA, 27 innings in AAA, and that was it for him above A-ball before being in the bigs.

nice perfect sentence in describing it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)

It's funny anyone would complain he was rushed. People here wanted to see him in the 8th and 9th inning and called Ventura a fool for not using him there.

QUOTE (Charlie Haeger's Knuckles @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 12:14 PM)
Regarding the Sox clearly winning the Peavy trade... Let us not forget the Red Sox won the world series that year and got exactly what they wanted, and were aiming for, out of Peavy.

Except for the part where he sucked in the postseason.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 23, 2015 -> 06:04 PM)
It's funny anyone would complain he was rushed. People here wanted to see him in the 8th and 9th inning and called Ventura a fool for not using him there.

look at any of the old threads... i was very hesitant on him being up. let

alone being use in the late innings. i thought it was too fast. but last yr

was a bad yr, with the injuries and other players not stepping up.

this yr, with a great pen, things are going to be way different. cannot use last yr game plan for this yr staff.