STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

• 5 weeks later...

http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-new-...edi-1202204843/

Rian Johnson (director of Episode VIII) is writing and directing a new Star Wars trilogy that is not connected to the main saga. I'm excited about this because I think he is talented and I'm happy they are expanding the universe outside of the main saga on film (Rogue One and the Han Solo movie are pretty damn connected to the main saga) and this also means that Disney/Lucasfilm are really happy with how Episode VIII turned out.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 9, 2017 -> 04:19 PM)
http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-new-...edi-1202204843/

Rian Johnson (director of Episode VIII) is writing and directing a new Star Wars trilogy that is not connected to the main saga. I'm excited about this because I think he is talented and I'm happy they are expanding the universe outside of the main saga on film (Rogue One and the Han Solo movie are pretty damn connected to the main saga) and this also means that Disney/Lucasfilm are really happy with how Episode VIII turned out.

This is a great way to get people from talking about Disney's treatment of the LA Times.

Shocked that Rian Johnson would tie himself to something for 10-12 years. I know he's only slated to write and direct the first but I think that he would be involved in all three in some compacity.

And this ensures that Disney wont rush into Epsiode 10.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2017 -> 08:32 AM)
Could be, but I will still watch it lol. solo twins is a bit different in that they are opposing forces unlike Luke and Leia.

In the books the Solo twins Jacen and Jaina are on opposite sides. Jaina winds up killing Jacen who became a dark side apprentice.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 01:36 PM)
All in favor of the expelling bigruss from the board for unseemly bragging, say aye

:lol:

We are also seeing it on the 15th, not sure how we got a theater to agree to it that close to the release date but it's awesome.

I wouldnt even want to see it with anyone at my company. I have tickets for a 1;45 am show on Saturday. Hopefully I dont hear any spoilers on the way in. Last time as I was walking I was talking really loud so as to not hear anyone leaving, but somehow I heard "dead" and immediately thought Han Solo died. ;/

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 05:12 PM)
I wouldnt even want to see it with anyone at my company. I have tickets for a 1;45 am show on Saturday. Hopefully I dont hear any spoilers on the way in. Last time as I was walking I was talking really loud so as to not hear anyone leaving, but somehow I heard "dead" and immediately thought Han Solo died. ;/

I'm going Thursday for this exact reason.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 06:15 PM)
I'm going Thursday for this exact reason.

Same. Don't know if I posted this here, but TFA got spoiled for me on a Derrick Rose YouTube highlight video comment section. The top comment about highlights from a 29 point performance was "

Kylo Ren kills his dad

". This was after I had avoided Twitter, Facebook, etc. all day. :/

Edited by Jose Abreu

Luckily my company is based in denver otherwise the edibles I would be wolfing down would seem weird.

WTF MAN??? 5 year rule!!!

jk

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 5, 2017 -> 04:33 PM)
:lol:

We are also seeing it on the 15th, not sure how we got a theater to agree to it that close to the release date but it's awesome.

I assume the price would just be buying out all the seats. I don't think they would care if that's the case.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 08:46 AM)
WTF MAN??? 5 year rule!!!

jk

Haha :) I think 1 year is safe for spoilers

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 08:54 AM)
Can we all agree on a spoiler moratorium(even with spoiler tags)? A week? Two weeks?

id be willing to agree to 30 days or at least until after the 1st of the year,

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 6, 2017 -> 09:53 AM)
id be willing to agree to 30 days or at least until after the 1st of the year,

I'd vote for January 1st before we stop using spoiler tags. Easy day to remember. People can be forewarned.