Todd Frazier Available

GGajewski18

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frazier is the only one of those guys I'd want, Philips and Bruce are garbage. I think there's a trade to be made but the Sox won't get him for B and C level prospects. You're probably looking at a deal that involves Anderson or Fulmer. Most likely Fulmer.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Stay far away from 2 year rents with .660 2nd half OPS'.

Will do nothing but set the Sox back.

Enough damage was done last year with clowning like this.

Is there anybody that you would actually want? I bet if Mike Trout hit the market you would find some way to talk yourself into thinking he isnt good enough.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Stay far away from 2 year rents with .660 2nd half OPS'.

Will do nothing but set the Sox back.

Enough damage was done last year with clowning like this.

The second half ops is still higher then the sox total production at 3rd. He hit a .922 on the first half.

QUOTE (dpd9189 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 01:05 AM)
Frazier is the only one of those guys I'd want, Philips and Bruce are garbage. I think there's a trade to be made but the Sox won't get him for B and C level prospects. You're probably looking at a deal that involves Anderson or Fulmer. Most likely Fulmer.

Can't trade Fulmer.

Not that I believe they would even consider it.

How about actually rebuilding? What good does Frazier do? Keep these prospects and build that way. Every year the same discussion is brought up. Frazier doesn't make the Sox a playoff team in 2016. Signing a 3B over 30 who had a rough 2nd half combined with the fact that their best prospect- Fulmer- would have to be involved is a horrible idea.

Edited by soxfan49

I'd definitely trade for Frazier but Anderson and Fullmer are without a doubt off the table. Montas, Micah, Avi? If it took 1 more piece I might throw in 1 of Engle/May or Guerrero but that's about as far as I'd go. Not sure if that would be enough, but if it's not I'd look else where. He's a nice piece, but he alone it's turning us into a playoff team.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)
How about actually rebuilding? What good does Frazier do? Keep these prospects and build that way. Every year the same discussion is brought up. Frazier doesn't make the Sox a playoff team in 2016. Signing a 3B over 30 who had a rough 2nd half combined with the fact that their best prospect- Fulmer- would have to be involved is a horrible idea.

Where is the evidence that Fulmer would have to be involved? Frazier doesnt make the Sox a contender by himself but his 3.4 oWar and 4.6 last year is a really good start to putting them in that race. I highly doubt that the White Sox will fill 3rd base and then stop trying to upgrade at all other positions.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:28 PM)

So how do you expect the Sox to get the position players they need for future in catcher, 3rd baseman, among others. Sox can't draft and really develop position players. Only real development they do is pitchers which is a huge wanted commodity. So Sox trade pitching to get the position players they don't have. Definitely wouldn't be trading fulmer even though right now can't be traded

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

I'm not sure myself so throwing it out there: If we were to trade for Frazier (not involving fullmer/anderson) and then sign 2 marginally priced free agents would we be legit contenders for at least a wild card spot? Say Gerrardo Parra and Asdrubal Cabrerra.

C- Avila/Navarro

1b- Abreu

2b- Cabrerra

3b- Frazier

ss- Saladino/sanchez

lf- Melky

cf- Eaton

rf- Parra/Thompson

dh- Laroche/Thompson

Same rotation with EJ

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 07:47 PM)
I'm not sure myself so throwing it out there: If we were to trade for Frazier (not involving fullmer/anderson) and then sign 2 marginally priced free agents would we be legit contenders for at least a wild card spot? Say Gerrardo Parra and Asdrubal Cabrerra.

C- Avila/Navarro

1b- Abreu

2b- Cabrerra

3b- Frazier

ss- Saladino/sanchez

lf- Melky

cf- Eaton

rf- Parra/Thompson

dh- Laroche/Thompson

Same rotation with EJ

How does Thompson platoon with 2 guys in this scenario? Neither Parra not LaRoche should play against lefties.