2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:04 AM)
You tell me what you think of our judicial system.

I think its pretty good. Dont really hear a lot of complaints about juries. Most of the "complaints" you hear (whether legitimate or not) are about appellate level or higher judges, which dont involve juries at all. Not to mention, I cant really think of a country with a better judicial system.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:18 AM)
So these dozens of examples of people reporting hate crimes are just made up?

Havent seen any wikileaks reporting it, so definitely made up.

lol Ive never done sarcasm/green on this board so i dont know the tag.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:40 AM)
Because our founding fathers actually wanted to prevent "uninformed" people from voting. Making people who dont care or dont know anything isnt the answer, it will just lead to more stupid s***.

There is a fundamental fight in our country right now, urban v. rural, its nothing new. The problem is that both sides get hijacked by special interests and nothing gets accomplished.

Truthfully, they wanted the people to be represented in some way for all issues, but they also didnt see technology being able to connect and collect people for this purpose. I personally think many of the things they put in place are pretty antiquated .

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
Well, this isn't good. No one wants to work National Security for Trump.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/tru...z&ocid=iehp

That's pathetic if people in current positions under Obama would give up their jobs because they don't like their new boss. They work for the country/people. Borderline treason there.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
That's pathetic if people in current positions under Obama would give up their jobs because they don't like their new boss. They work for the country/people. Borderline treason there.

I highly doubt they reached out to the people under the current administration. Having said that, they rejected because they didn't want to be labeled as someone willing to work for Trump when that nut would never be president. If you read the article, that all happened over a month ago.

The same people will flock for the positions now. As they should.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
I highly doubt they reached out to the people under the current administration. Having said that, they rejected because they didn't want to be labeled as someone willing to work for Trump when that nut would never be president. If you read the article, that all happened over a month ago.

The same people will flock for the positions now. As they should.

Two career U.S. officials, currently serving in the government, also said they were unsure whether they would continue in their positions, which are slated to last into the next administration.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Treason has been expanded to include not taking administrative jobs and emailing.

I said borderline, but you're talking about national security workers abandoning their jobs because they don't like the democratically elected president. I'd consider that a betrayal to the people/country they serve. It would never be actionable, but it's close.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 07:25 PM)

The article is about Trump being unable to find GOP experts to take over the positions, not the people who currently hold them.

"and they met resistance across the landscape of experienced GOP national security professionals"

Edit: I see that 2 people were current employees. Not wanting to work for Trump isn't even remotely treasonous.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
The article is about Trump being unable to find GOP experts to take over the positions, not the people who currently hold them.

"and they met resistance across the landscape of experienced GOP national security professionals"

Understood, but see the quote about the two officials I posted in response to Steve.

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)
I said borderline, but you're talking about national security workers abandoning their jobs because they don't like the democratically elected president. I'd consider that a betrayal to the people/country they serve. It would never be actionable, but it's close.

There is turnover every administration change. People burn out. If they were refusing orders, that's something, it's up to president elect trump to fill out a team.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 02:36 PM)

National security officials quitting their jobs isn't even close to treason.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:36 PM)

Uh at worst it would be breach of contract, unless they are military and then it would be desertion. But last I checked we live in America and people (outside of the military) can quit their job for any reason or no reason, and the remedy of the employer would be to sue for damages.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/201...rce=twitter.com

This is going to be so funny. McCardle is an honest critic and frankly I have severe regret about Obamacare and the wonk solutions that will not stick.

But it is going to be so funny to see honest coverage of obamacare now that it will go away. Suddenly instead of only focusing on everything terrible, people will be interested in what they lose.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)

While I agree it's a bad look to quit those types of jobs based on who the President is about to be, this is nowhere in the same zip code as treason.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 10:20 AM)
While I agree it's a bad look to quit those types of jobs based on who the President is about to be, this is nowhere in the same zip code as treason.

Treason is what they are likely trying to avoid by quitting in the first place.

This comment coming from a party who basically refused to do ANYTHING for the current President for the last 8 years. They remained in their jobs and actively did everything in their power to obstruct everything Obama tried to do...but the current democrats wanting to quit their jobs are the treasonous ones.

Got it.