**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
You guys realize, the target audience is the kids, whose parents were the primary demographic of the original. I don't think, outside of some early nostaligia, the goal was for people in their early to late 30's to be watching the show, rather their kids to be watching the show and the parents at least having that ability to "relate" to it, so to speak.

I could be wrong and my kids aren't old enough. And I thought the show was a classic and watched it plenty growing up.

I don't think so. Almost everything they do is trying to be a throw back to something in the original. It's targeted at us.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
Man in the High Castle was disappointing, especially after the first episode. The world was set up and displayed so beautifully, it's a shame the story/characters sucked. I'm glad I watched it, and i'm sure i'll watch season 2, but i'm sad it isn't better. Has the chops to be a great, great series.

There are some intriguing characters, they did some good things (like you said, the cinematography was fantastic), but they had a lot of filler in my opinion. Time to move some storylines, make things a bit more interesting.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Mar 3, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
I don't think so. Almost everything they do is trying to be a throw back to something in the original. It's targeted at us.

Says the quitter.

QUOTE (juddling @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
IIRC, the new season of House of Cards drops today......Neve Campbell has come out of hiding for a role this season....

Watched the first two. Not a fan of the series but the episodes this season are shorter than previous seasons which is good. The first two were decent.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Another fantastic episode of Walking Dead this past week.

Yeah, I like how there is no wasted time as the group gets closer and closer to meeting Negan. I was expecting an episode or two of characters debating going after the Saviors, etc. The church scene could have been a half episode in previous seasons.

Lulling themselves into a false sense of security is just getting us geared up for the season finale. I wouldn't be surprised if two characters get killed off.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 01:08 PM)
Yeah, I like how there is no wasted time as the group gets closer and closer to meeting Negan. I was expecting an episode or two of characters debating going after the Saviors, etc. The church scene could have been a half episode in previous seasons.

Lulling themselves into a false sense of security is just getting us geared up for the season finale. I wouldn't be surprised if two characters get killed off.

Yeah - I was shocked at how quickly they moved.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 7, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Yeah - I was shocked at how quickly they moved.

Maybe they are finally getting it that the fans have hated their glacial pace of past years? I thought everything flowed greatly and hope they continue this kind of speed. Like someone else said, in seasons past that church scene discussion would have been half the episode.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
Welcome to 2015. Good luck getting the theme out of your head.

Watched it when it first came out, haven't revisited it since and yet I was still humming that damn song yesterday.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2016 -> 09:45 AM)
Watched it when it first came out, haven't revisited it since and yet I was still humming that damn song yesterday.

It's a miracle!

anyone catch this on A&E?

so bizarre, couldn't believe it was real.

http://www.businessinsider.com/60-days-in-...-inmates-2016-3

7 people went undercover as inmates for 2 months, and they revealed harrowing details about an Indiana jail

The show is the brainchild of Clark County Sheriff Jamey Noel, who said that he needed outsiders to give him an honest look at life behind bars.

"The only way to truly understand what was going on in the jail was to implement innocent participants into the system to provide first-hand unbiased intelligence," Noel said in a statement provided by A&E. "These brave volunteers helped us identify critical issues within our system that undercover officers would not have been able to find."

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
anyone catch this on A&E?

so bizarre, couldn't believe it was real.

http://www.businessinsider.com/60-days-in-...-inmates-2016-3

7 people went undercover as inmates for 2 months, and they revealed harrowing details about an Indiana jail

The show is the brainchild of Clark County Sheriff Jamey Noel, who said that he needed outsiders to give him an honest look at life behind bars.

"The only way to truly understand what was going on in the jail was to implement innocent participants into the system to provide first-hand unbiased intelligence," Noel said in a statement provided by A&E. "These brave volunteers helped us identify critical issues within our system that undercover officers would not have been able to find."

I heard about this, I will check it out

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 07:32 AM)
Anyone ever watch "The Returned"? It's on Netflix and people like it. Not sure if its even a Netflix original show.

There are 2 versions. Be careful which one you watch. The French version Les Revenants ran for 2 seasons and was shown on Sundance. A&E did an English remake that was cancelled after one season. (they wanted to take the story in a different direction)

The French version is really well done. It's very eerie and the soundtrack is done by Mogwai. I really enjoyed the first season. The second season was supposed to give conclusion to the story.

However, it went over my head with symbolism.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
I went back and started from the beginning. Like any show a few of the episodes are hit or miss, but even the mediocre episodes have a few great one liners. The start of this season has been fantastic, especially the bike chain episode.

It's my go to for lazy day rewatching, i'll just throw on a random episode and I'm guaranteed to enjoy it. Actually just rewatched the bike chain episode and yeah, it's awesome. I love the pace of the show, they really take their time and let the scenes breath, not a lot of cuts, it ends up feeling like a very real moment in the life of Abbi and Ilana rather than a tightly produced comedy. It's incredibly unique in many ways.