2016 Fantasy Baseball Official Thread

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trevor Story or Ian Desmond???

I had Brandon Crawford as my SS, replaced him with Brock Holt for now. I was offered Story for David Robertson, but I think I would prefer Desmond if I make the trade. I have K-ROD, Casilla, and J. Gomez, so still not sure I should part with my best closer, and I don't trust Story either.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
He only plays OF, but Yahoo has him eligible as SS and OF due to last season. That's why I was thinking about asking for him instead of Story

Yeah I love those players. Machado is so key for me being able to use him as SS/3b, and Daniel Murphy is listed as almost every position.

QUOTE (bmags @ May 11, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Yeah I love those players. Machado is so key for me being able to use him as SS/3b, and Daniel Murphy is listed as almost every position.

I always end up with some utility guy and they always perform better than I hoped for. This year I have Brock Holt, who is Yahoo eligible EVERYWHERE except catcher.

• 4 weeks later...

Currently in 1st place in my division at 54-43-11 (3rd overall in the league). I've made 2 trades this year in acquiring Neil Walker for a draft pick and Justin Upton for Corey Dickerson. My roster looks like this:

C: Brian McCann, Derek Norris

1B: Freddie Freeman, Mitch Moreland

2B: Dee Gordon, Neil Walker, Brett Lawrie

3B: Anthony Rendon, Yunel Escobar

SS: Trevor Story, Eduardo Escobar, JP Crawford, Jose Reyes

OF: Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Starling Marte, Justin Upton, Nomar Mazara

SP: Stephen Strasburg, Aaron Sanchez, Carlos Rodon, Carlos Martinez, Lance McCullers, Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Pineda, Luis Severino, Matt Wisler, Tyler Glasnow

RP: Craig Kimbrel, David Robertson

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 10:00 PM)
Currently in 1st place in my division at 54-43-11 (3rd overall in the league). I've made 2 trades this year in acquiring Neil Walker for a draft pick and Justin Upton for Corey Dickerson. My roster looks like this:

C: Brian McCann, Derek Norris

1B: Freddie Freeman, Mitch Moreland

2B: Dee Gordon, Neil Walker, Brett Lawrie

3B: Anthony Rendon, Yunel Escobar

SS: Trevor Story, Eduardo Escobar, JP Crawford, Jose Reyes

OF: Bryce Harper, Giancarlo Stanton, Starling Marte, Justin Upton, Nomar Mazara

SP: Stephen Strasburg, Aaron Sanchez, Carlos Rodon, Carlos Martinez, Lance McCullers, Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Pineda, Luis Severino, Matt Wisler, Tyler Glasnow

RP: Craig Kimbrel, David Robertson

How in the world are you in first?

• 2 weeks later...

Still in 1st in my division. Made a couple moves to strengthen my squad.

I traded Tyler Glasnow for David Price

I traded Aaron Sanchez and Lance McCullers for Zack Grienke and Yangervis Solarte

Traded Sanchez because he's going in the pen later this year and I can't afford it so I needed another starter.

My rotation looks a lot better now with Strasburg, Price, Grienke, Martinez, and Rodon/Rodriguez

Got offered Jacob DeGrom for Kenta Maeda and I accepted it. The difference in pts per game is 15.1 versus 14.7 or something, despite Maeda having 3 more wins. I am banking on DeGrom getting some run support and getting more wins, plus, Maeda is a rookie so maybe the 2nd or 3rd time a team sees him, the more he will get hit. Additionally, DeGrom has 9 of 12 starts being QS. It's 8 of 14 for Maeda.

Only thing that worried me was the health issues DeGrom had early in the year, but he has a longer history of success over Maeda, so I went with it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
Got offered Jacob DeGrom for Kenta Maeda and I accepted it. The difference in pts per game is 15.1 versus 14.7 or something, despite Maeda having 3 more wins. I am banking on DeGrom getting some run support and getting more wins, plus, Maeda is a rookie so maybe the 2nd or 3rd time a team sees him, the more he will get hit. Additionally, DeGrom has 9 of 12 starts being QS. It's 8 of 14 for Maeda.

Only thing that worried me was the health issues DeGrom had early in the year, but he has a longer history of success over Maeda, so I went with it.

Has DeGrom improved lately? I know he struggled with his velocity at the beginning of the year. Maeda has been pretty solid all year.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 23, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Has DeGrom improved lately? I know he struggled with his velocity at the beginning of the year. Maeda has been pretty solid all year.

Over his last 28 days....

32 IP, 25 H, 2.81 ERA, 7 BB, 41 K, 1.00 WHIP

Yeah, he's been solid. Just isn't getting wins. Plus, he gets deeper in to games than Maeda. Maeda has only reached the 7 inning mark ONCE this year, and not a single out more. Only 4 of his 14 starts has he thrown 100+ pitches. He's averaging probably 88-90 pitches per outing. 7 of DeGrom's last 8 starts he has pitched 100+, reaching 110 at one point.

Not saying it's a slam dunk, but I just feel a little better about the more established pitcher versus the rookie.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 24, 2016 -> 02:33 AM)
Over his last 28 days....

32 IP, 25 H, 2.81 ERA, 7 BB, 41 K, 1.00 WHIP

Yeah, he's been solid. Just isn't getting wins. Plus, he gets deeper in to games than Maeda. Maeda has only reached the 7 inning mark ONCE this year, and not a single out more. Only 4 of his 14 starts has he thrown 100+ pitches. He's averaging probably 88-90 pitches per outing. 7 of DeGrom's last 8 starts he has pitched 100+, reaching 110 at one point.

Not saying it's a slam dunk, but I just feel a little better about the more established pitcher versus the rookie.

Ok, I didn't know that. Thank you for providing that. Overall, seems like a win-win for both squads with you having a bit of an edge.

• 2 months later...

Lost out on 1st by .5 game a .02% pt. Can't even describe how pissed I am because the guy who beat me, the guy he faced last week didn't put Teheran in yesterday and may have gotten a pt in WHIP.

I'm in Terminator mode for the playoffs.

Finished my season 14-2. Am currently halfway through our champion round. I am up 551 to 454, and he just lost Keuchel for the rest of our matchup, as well as Steven Wright. I have up to 15 scheduled starts left through Sunday, he now has 6 until he replaces Kuechel. I think I am in damn good shape to win this whole thing.

I'm in a battle for the last playoff spot. Currently have it, but I need to win or the 5th place guy to lose. After losing Kershaw, my team went from being 9-2 in the first half to just 4-6 in the second half. He's back this Friday though, so I may get a nice boost going into the playoffs. I've won the past 4 championships, it'd be nice to get 5.

Edited by chw42

I won a playoff spot, finally. For weeks it was a nail biter as I was tied with 3 teams in record but last in points among them, then now am in 4th having surpassed 1 in points and won 3 straight weeks.

would love to pull money out of this league and then quit. Can't stand the way it's run.