2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:58 AM)

Coach K has been in awe with some quotes talking about how strong Buckets is. Evidently him and Kyrie have been very close and he's just been destroying Kryie in some one-on-one stuff too. I love Butler.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)
If Rose said that than he is truly truly an idiot.

bmags thinks you are being unfair to rose and that if Jimmy Butler had said the Bulls were on par with the Warriors we'd be praising him.

Right...

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 12:16 PM)
Coach K has been in awe with some quotes talking about how strong Buckets is. Evidently him and Kyrie have been very close and he's just been destroying Kryie in some one-on-one stuff too. I love Butler.

There's no reason Buckets can't take another leap. He'll be fed by two guards who are very good passers and playing a more natural position this year (the 3). He should have a dynamite season.

You all are way too hard on Rose. His "son graduation" thing was the worst thing he said, but I'd take a player acting like a hobbled noah, rose and melo are a super team over this crap:

"I'll have a voice in the locker room. I'll say what needs to be said. What I want (those) guys to do, whenever I'm on some (B.S.), I want them to tell me. I want you to say my name, man to man. That goes along with everybody. Say my name. And I'm going to do the same to you.

"Whenever you're (B.S.)ing and not doing what you're supposed to be doing in practice and the game or not taking care of your body, you need somebody holding you accountable. You can't beat around the bush and say: 'Hey, guys, we need to take care of our body. Hey, guys, we're taking bad shots.' It's: 'Jimmy, you need to do this. You need to do that.' "

The IDEA of this is fine, holding teammates accountable, but I can't stand how he does it to the press. Overinflating how good your team is is one thing to do in press, but he takes way too much stuff to the media. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:32 PM)
You all are way too hard on Rose. His "son graduation" thing was the worst thing he said, but I'd take a player acting like a hobbled noah, rose and melo are a super team over this crap:

"I'll have a voice in the locker room. I'll say what needs to be said. What I want (those) guys to do, whenever I'm on some (B.S.), I want them to tell me. I want you to say my name, man to man. That goes along with everybody. Say my name. And I'm going to do the same to you.

"Whenever you're (B.S.)ing and not doing what you're supposed to be doing in practice and the game or not taking care of your body, you need somebody holding you accountable. You can't beat around the bush and say: 'Hey, guys, we need to take care of our body. Hey, guys, we're taking bad shots.' It's: 'Jimmy, you need to do this. You need to do that.' "

The IDEA of this is fine, holding teammates accountable, but I can't stand how he does it to the press. Overinflating how good your team is is one thing to do in press, but he takes way too much stuff to the media. It's ridiculous.

He's sooooo passive aggressive and it makes him hard to root for unless it's like directly during a game. It drove me crazy last year.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:48 PM)
Jimmy. Derrick isn't passive aggressive, he's just pretty dim and oblivious to what goes on outside of his bubble.

That's what I thought and I'd have to agree.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:48 PM)
Jimmy. Derrick isn't passive aggressive, he's just pretty dim and oblivious to what goes on outside of his bubble.

Yeah, these are my thoughts. Derrick is just dumb, very dumb. But for how stupid he is, I like how he never, ever tore down his teammates to media. I am as disappointed in what the outcome of the Rose era is as anyone, but for me that was 100% his injuries and timidness post injury not that he's a terrible interview.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:59 PM)
Yeah, these are my thoughts. Derrick is just dumb, very dumb. But for how stupid he is, I like how he never, ever tore down his teammates to media. I am as disappointed in what the outcome of the Rose era is as anyone, but for me that was 100% his injuries and timidness post injury not that he's a terrible interview.

No, he let his brother and BJ Armstrong do that for him. Lets not forget when Reggie was going around telling everyone who would listen that Derricks supporting cast wasnt good enough. Derrick never stepped up and quieted that, to me that is just as bad as being passive aggressive through the media by yourself

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
No, he let his brother and BJ Armstrong do that for him. Lets not forget when Reggie was going around telling everyone who would listen that Derricks supporting cast wasnt good enough. Derrick never stepped up and quieted that, to me that is just as bad as being passive aggressive through the media by yourself

You are right on that. I do think the Reggie show, though, was acting independently of Derrick and he just liked the spotlight and having Cowley.

Edited by bmags

I think EVERYONE hated Reggie, lol.

I was annoyed that he'd blast the front office for having done nothing, when they tried, but you can't really do much of anything when your star player's knees blow a gaping hole in the plan. It was working great in 2012. The only thing I think that was indefensible both then and now was trading away Korver for a bag of basketballs to save money.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:22 PM)
I think EVERYONE hated Reggie, lol.

I was annoyed that he'd blast the front office for having done nothing, when they tried, but you can't really do much of anything when your star player's knees blow a gaping hole in the plan. It was working great in 2012. The only thing I think that was indefensible both then and now was trading away Korver for a bag of basketballs to save money.

Stop, stop, it's too depressing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:04 PM)

Derrick specifically avoided recruiting because he didn't want to undermine his teammates.

Wasn't the best plan, but he appreciated his teammates.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 03:38 PM)
Derrick specifically avoided recruiting because he didn't want to undermine his teammates.

Like his loyalty to Bogans, yeah. Rose didn't trash his teammates in public or make slick comments to the media. It was other dumb things he said that bothered everyone lol

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)

You seem to have forgotten the guy sat out 1.5 years for an ACL and like 8 months beyond getting doctor's clearance. He then sat out an entire year because he had to "afford college for his kid" or whatever for a torn MCL and then wound up tearing it after sitting out the entire year. f*** him and f*** everything regarding him. Good riddance.

He's not even a top 20 PG in the league but he thinks he's the reason the Knicks are now a super team.

F*CK THAT. F*CK HIM. F*CK it all. The whole statement was a joke, and no one anywhere is being too hard on that f***ing idiot.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)

He avoided it because he didn't give a f*** and he thought he didn't need the help. Don't feed me this noble Derrick bulls***, he got far too much benefit of many doubts, and he did what he wanted to do and said what he wanted to say.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
He avoided it because he didn't give a f*** and he thought he didn't need the help. Don't feed me this noble Derrick bulls***, he got far too much benefit of many doubts, and he did what he wanted to do and said what he wanted to say.

From how readily Joakim Noah followed him and the way his teammates spoke about him, yeah, I'm going to say he was supporting his teammates.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)

If you know that he's dumb as rocks and looks up to his brother, who does the thinking for him, did you REALLY expect him to quiet down his brother?!

C'mon now...