NLDS: Dodgers vs. Mets

LittleHurt05

Game 1: Friday, Oct. 9 at Dodger Stadium, TBS. deGrom vs. Kershaw,

Game 2: Saturday, Oct. 10 at Dodger Stadium, TBS. Syndergaard vs. Greinke

Game 3: Monday, Oct. 12 at Citi Field, TBS. Harvey vs. Anderson

Game 4*: Tuesday, Oct. 13 at Citi Field, TBS.

Game 5*: Thursday, Oct. 15 at Dodger Stadium, TBS.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greinke only gave up two homers for an entire game twice in 32 starts. Did it in one sequence tonight.

Something is just not gelling with the Dodgers. Puig has been hurt or off his game pretty much the entire year. Pederson and Grandal slumped, along with Rollins.

At any rate, we'll see about a billion articles about the 1969 Miracle Mets and the Cubs that season. The psychic karma is worth it just to not have to deal with StL and LA again. That Mets' rotation is just a beast. That's not even counting Matz, Colon and Wheeler.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Oct 9, 2015 -> 09:43 PM)
David Wright is the most tenured player in baseball. Don't know why that surprises me so much.

My first thought would have been David Ortiz, it's easy to forgot his Minnesota days. Wright is surprising because he's been pretty insignificant for a while now, kind of forget about him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 10:18 PM)
Greinke only gave up two homers for an entire game twice in 32 starts. Did it in one sequence tonight.

Something is just not gelling with the Dodgers. Puig has been hurt or off his game pretty much the entire year. Pederson and Grandal slumped, along with Rollins.

At any rate, we'll see about a billion articles about the 1969 Miracle Mets and the Cubs that season. The psychic karma is worth it just to not have to deal with StL and LA again. That Mets' rotation is just a beast. That's not even counting Matz, Colon and Wheeler.

The Dodgers lineup is pretty underwhelming without a healthy and productive Puig. Gonzalez is pretty much the only pop they have in the middle of their lineup.

Obviously Utley 's play was dirty, but how in the hell did they call him safe? He literally never touched the base, then ran back to the dugout.

The rule states that if guy deliberately try to take out the fielder, the ball is dead, you are out and so is the batter. Mets would still be leading 2-1.

https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/653...7297678336?s=09

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
Obviously Utley 's play was dirty, but how in the hell did they call him safe? He literally never touched the base, then ran back to the dugout.

The rule states that if guy deliberately try to take out the fielder, the ball is dead, you are out and so is the batter. Mets would still be leading 2-1.

https://twitter.com/jareddiamond/status/653...7297678336?s=09

As someone who is rooting for the Dodgers, I agree. Now, I will say, Ruben should've never tried to turn around to wind up. I would've also given him the neighborhood play on that. Lastly, at the very least Utley should've been out completely. That play shouldn't have even been challengable. At worst, you're looking at 2-2 score and I'm pretty confident the way it was going, Mets would've regained the lead. Dodgers have been horrific offensively.

On another note, I had how Collins managed his pitching today. If you were going to put in Reed, why take out Colon who's also a righty? Also, Colon basically got you the double play, but because of a horribly officiated call, you take him out in favor of Addison Reed? And I would've left in Snydergaard to at least finish the inning. He looked that dominant to me.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
That seems totally deserved to me. Dirty slides are awful and cheapen the game.

Agreed, that was more of a tackle than a slide and imo, undoubtedly dirty. Lost alot of respect for Ripken after hearing his moronic comments, what an idiot.