All Activity
Past hour
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
I thought "arrogant" was when someone proposes to invest heavily in this team to help make it more competitive in the future. Reading your and other posters' responses to post after post full of Tirades, Rants, And Yelling without having to read the complete and utter nonsense myself reminds me of the old Neil Steinberg column "Bob Watch" where the motto was "we read him so you don't have to".
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Naw, Milkman, I think it's just a feeling of mental exhaustion from the last two days, and that'll soon pass as we gear up for the big game tomorrow!
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Dang it, Chi, I hope I haven't been guilty of any of that. I don't have Facebook, or Instagram, or X, or any social media stuff whatsoever, but I hope I haven't been considered a "chirper" on this forum this season! 🫣
-
Fire Chris Getz
The offense is definitely a concern if Colson is cooked and Mune has been figured out. We can't have two players in the lineup hitting .190 and striking out 220 times. Tristan Peters is a question mark to me, Teel hasn't been all that impressive but he was coming off injury so who knows. Does Braden Montgomery take another step? Antonacci loses value because he can't play left field, so were capped on how much he adds to the overall. You can pretty much only feel really good about Vargas and Meidroth. Were going to have essentially the same players back next season until we have the debuts of Cholowski and Bonemer.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Haven't seen what is being said. At the end of the day fans need to remember that these players are humans and their families are going to defend the person. While I agree that its best for families to keep quiet, fans should be respectful.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Pale Hose Talk seems pretty dead for a team that is going to a game 5 in the ALDS. I’m guessing we’re all pretty down on the team/our chances.
-
2025-2026 NHL Threadard
As I’ve said before, I’m a very fair-weather hockey fan. I don’t know much about it. But I can say that it seems bad that we’re in the 4th season of our generational-talent star in Bedard, and I never hear anything good about the team.
-
MLB Proposes 154-Game Schedule, Best of 7 Division Series
Not a fan of less baseball. Do fans really want fewer games? From a old guy who counts on seeing Sox most every day of summer, I vote no to 154. Its interwoven into the fabric of summer...watching is optional for those who tire of too much Sox baseball.
-
Fire Chris Getz
That’s baseball susyn. We had a lot of players step up this year that we weren’t expecting. Out of all the players you mentioned, and man I really hope I am wrong, but I’m not a believer in Colson. Mostly because of what he said about a month ago about not adjusting because he is who he is. You don’t win in sports, much less baseball, without adjusting to the opposition. Because they are going to adjust to you and will always have the advantage unless you adjust to them. He won’t make it unless he changes his mindset. The good news about him is we have Roch waiting in the wings to take over SS if it comes to it. I like Colson, and I hope I’m wrong, but it’s looking pretty grim at the moment. To the rest of your post, every team that’s not the Dodgers have holes/weaknesses. We need to address them. Our offense is the least of our concern. We scored the most runs in the AL this season. We address our pitching, we’ll be in the postseason again next year and should make a deep run. That said, Sox could win tomorrow and all would be well again 😂 even though Tampa will most likely kick our ass.
-
Fire Chris Getz
These are all facts. I think this team isn't even close to hitting the peak of their powers. That's what scary about them in years to come. A lot of these guys still have levels they can hit.
-
2027 Rotation
I think it’s as simple as Jerry wasn’t going to let them DFA Dominguez, so this was a way around that. I don’t think it suggests they are capped at a $100M payroll.
-
2027 Rotation
First decision is what do you do with Taylor, Hagen, & Schultz. Do any of them move into the rotation to start next season? Honestly, I think you keep Taylor & Hagen in the bullpen and continue using as high leverage weapons. Neither has installed any confidence in their ability to handle a starter’s workload. Schultz is a different matter, but I’d be ok with him starting the year in the major league bullpen working as a bulk reliever to build up his confidence. If that’s the case, then I agree we should go out and add two SPs. Burke is the only guy I am confident in right now. Castillo should be brought into camp with the intention of being part of the rotation, but he can’t be more than your #5 to start and he should have a short leash. Martin & Kay are legitimate options, but you can’t bank on them and Castillo capably filling up 60% of your rotation and feel good about your chances. Honestly, I’d probably have those three compete with Sandlin & Thorpe for the last two spots. Losers either go to the major league bullpen, our AAA rotation, or are traded.
-
Fire Chris Getz
It’s not a feeling. It’s literally a fact.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I looked this up. Only twice has a road team won all the games in the LDS. In 2010, the Rangers won the first two games all 3 of their games at the trop. In 2012, the Giants went down 0-2 in San Francisco before storming back to take the next 3 in Cincy. If you recall, that was the year where they changed the order of the LDS due to the second wild card.
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Can't say it enough: player's families need to get the hell off social media. Now Kay's family is chirping? You're not the main character, shawdup!
-
ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
Happened in the 2019 World Series- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I would have been fine with Newcomb opening, I also kind of love just giving Burke the ball. He’s our guy, let him do this.Today
- Fire Chris Getz
You're certainly entitled to feel that way- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
It happened in 2015. Rangers won the first 2 in the ALDS on the road then the Blue Jay won 3 straight. Just as rare though is the road team winning every game in the series. One of them is going to happen. Hopefully the latter.- Fire Chris Getz
They’re the first team in major league history to make the playoffs after losing 100+ games in each of the previous three seasons. It’s literally an historic turnaround by definition whether you think it is or not.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
I wanted Newcomb to open but I think Burke has been phenomenal this playoffs.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
It happened to the A's against the Yankees, and the Rangers against the Blue Jays, and the Reds against the Giants.- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
If we want to win we will need to score 6+ IMO- ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct
It was dumb and panicky by Vogt but it also shows how little trust he has in certain people in his bullpen in high leverage situations. - ALDS - Game 5 - Deciding Game - Sat 10/10 - 7PM Ct