Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. No it isn't. Red Sox/Yankees are on NBC with Benetti calling the game. Sox are on Peacock and NBCSN.
  3. Absolutely. They have owned the Sox the past several years. Nothing the Sox can do about it now, just play the game with nothing to lose and see what happens.
  4. ron883 replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    The food, wine, and scenery though. Tough to beat that combination. I'll just make sure to let know I'm from the USA and they'll surely respect me.
  5. Sad but true. Makes it sadder to know that the Sox left too many wins on the table. But it is what it is, and we are in the post season.
  6. That was part of it. I'll summarize the conversation as I was told. My friend has been connected to the organization for a long time and got together with JR. They had a long discussion. From what I was told, JR told him there would not be any baseball played next year. (I assumed JR knows what the feeling among the other owners is and remember he's on the six man committee advising Manfred on labor matters) As far as broadcasting my friend told me JR said to him that he knows Schriffen "isn't a baseball guy." JR asked my friend what he thought and my friend told him, "I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but he's just not very good." My friend asked JR what he was going to do given his contract is up and JR said, "You know that I don't do anything when there is a labor issue." My assumption (repeat assumption) is that when (if) baseball is played again Schriffen will say that he's found other work, the Sox won't object and that like when Ed Farmer passed away unexpectedly they'll promote someone in-house (Connor?) to temporarily hold the position and start a national search when the season is over for a permanent replacement.
  7. he still has struggled against RHP, right?
  8. Third time in my life the Sox lost a pennant or division by one game. 1964 (Yankees), 2020 (Twins), 2026 (Guardians)
  9. I deleted a few pithy attempts at posts. Yes. If they missed the playoffs, this team has been a success for what was expected of them.
  10. Mine have been that I want to learn about the game I'm watching. Steve Stone gives good insight. Hawk and Wimpy were great in opening the player aspect of the game up to the listener. Schriff doesn't project much knowledge. If he played college ball, he should at least speak like a ball player.
  11. Astros? Yikes… 2-5 record against them this season. Good luck.
  12. Putting the ball in play is always better than a K, as anything can happen.
  13. Kolson can only hit the bottom third of the zone and is a pull only hitter. If I was apart of the coaching staff, I tell Kolson he works opposite field all offseason with a shorter swing. Pulling the ball for pop will naturally follow.
  14. If the stars align to allow us to knock the cheaters out of the playoffs all will be well.
  15. We need to pepper the Astros short LF porch with a few homers.
  16. Have him grab some bench, Hawk style.
  17. Sox led the AL in runs, and was third in homers , outstanding!!!
  18. The post season has not started yet. It’s never over until it’s over , even though ESPN gave the Sox 0% chance of winning the World Series, the only playoff team with this ranking.
  19. "The Los Angeles Angels did not trade Reid Detmers ahead of the trade deadline because a high asking price stalled negotiations and an apparent tentative deal with the Chicago Cubs fell apart at the last minute..." Or you can simply look at it as the Cubs being more willing to trade from their farm system with Bregman and PCA at their peaks while staring at possibility of losing Suzuki Happ and Imanaga to FA. And the Cubs eventually went after Holmes and Gausman instead. So the bigger question is why the White Sox didn't beat those lower asking prices. "The ball club (Angels) likely would have needed a jaw-dropping offer to consider moving the pitcher before this year's trade deadline."
  20. Need to consider adding subtitles to Ozzie broadcasts.
  21. You think the Altuve slip up was the last straw?
  22. Scriff home run calls are annoying.
  23. Yesterday

  24. If the Sox coughed up something like Carlson + Schultz for Ried Detmers, the Sox would have won the division, would have been favored to win the ALDS, and would also have gone on to potentially win the ALCS - bringing them into World Series talks. I hope that Carlson rakes and bulks and brings back a better SP next year, that Schultz keeps growing and becomes an ace, and this team grows into that type of path perpetually. Until it happens ( or until this team shocks us again and survives deep into the 26 post season - I’ll forever have a chip on my shoulder. ) f*** THE ASSBLOWS - LFGWS!!!
  25. That's why I was curious.
  26. oldsox replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Everyone I know who has been to Alaska raves about it. France would be a great place if it weren't for the French.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.