Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Third time in my life the Sox lost a pennant or division by one game. 1964 (Yankees), 2020 (Twins), 2026 (Guardians)
  3. I deleted a few pithy attempts at posts. Yes. If they missed the playoffs, this team has been a success for what was expected of them.
  4. Mine have been that I want to learn about the game I'm watching. Steve Stone gives good insight. Hawk and Wimpy were great in opening the player aspect of the game up to the listener. Schriff doesn't project much knowledge. If he played college ball, he should at least speak like a ball player.
  5. Astros? Yikes… 2-5 record against them this season. Good luck.
  6. Putting the ball in play is always better than a K, as anything can happen.
  7. Kolson can only hit the bottom third of the zone and is a pull only hitter. If I was apart of the coaching staff, I tell Kolson he works opposite field all offseason with a shorter swing. Pulling the ball for pop will naturally follow.
  8. If the stars align to allow us to knock the cheaters out of the playoffs all will be well.
  9. We need to pepper the Astros short LF porch with a few homers.
  10. Have him grab some bench, Hawk style.
  11. Sox led the AL in runs, and was third in homers , outstanding!!!
  12. The post season has not started yet. It’s never over until it’s over , even though ESPN gave the Sox 0% chance of winning the World Series, the only playoff team with this ranking.
  13. "The Los Angeles Angels did not trade Reid Detmers ahead of the trade deadline because a high asking price stalled negotiations and an apparent tentative deal with the Chicago Cubs fell apart at the last minute..." Or you can simply look at it as the Cubs being more willing to trade from their farm system with Bregman and PCA at their peaks while staring at possibility of losing Suzuki Happ and Imanaga to FA. And the Cubs eventually went after Holmes and Gausman instead. So the bigger question is why the White Sox didn't beat those lower asking prices. "The ball club (Angels) likely would have needed a jaw-dropping offer to consider moving the pitcher before this year's trade deadline."
  14. Need to consider adding subtitles to Ozzie broadcasts.
  15. You think the Altuve slip up was the last straw?
  16. Scriff home run calls are annoying.
  17. Yesterday

  18. If the Sox coughed up something like Carlson + Schultz for Ried Detmers, the Sox would have won the division, would have been favored to win the ALDS, and would also have gone on to potentially win the ALCS - bringing them into World Series talks. I hope that Carlson rakes and bulks and brings back a better SP next year, that Schultz keeps growing and becomes an ace, and this team grows into that type of path perpetually. Until it happens ( or until this team shocks us again and survives deep into the 26 post season - I’ll forever have a chip on my shoulder. ) f*** THE ASSBLOWS - LFGWS!!!
  19. That's why I was curious.
  20. oldsox replied to BamaDoc's topic in FutureSox Board
    Everyone I know who has been to Alaska raves about it. France would be a great place if it weren't for the French.
  21. Today's game I was in a calm state, Zen like, I just knew. Even when Richards came in, I had zero angst, totally relaxed.
  22. He could never hit in the best hitter's park in MLB, and you guys think it's because of some unusual movement in the batters box?
  23. Doyle has been getting playing time, especially against LHP, and has pretty good numbers to show for it. He is hot at the right time.
  24. I can tell you what I heard from Chris Getz's interview. Colson's strike outs and slump was brought up by Bruce Levine. Getz first acknowledged Colson's contribution to the team's success with his glove, his home run production, and being a good in the clubhouse with everyone. Getz said Colson has also shown a willingness to work with the team by going down to AZ last year and his openness to work with the team again. All complimentary no negatives at all in the Getz interview I heard.
  25. That some are more resistant to change than others. That baseball scouts and pitchers/catchers also possess an equivalent ability to bounce back with adjustments.
  26. Doyle has the better arm and sprint speed is very very close. Vargas better power for his size, but not by a whole lot unless you're saying Vargas has even more potential to reach for physically next year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.