All Activity
Past hour
-
Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
Finally voted.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Frank has always seemed soft and easily offended.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Fucking beat me to it. @ron883
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
They did do a national search the last time and Schriff was not the first pick. I know of a few people who got a very close look. Wonder if they will be considered this time around again.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Just walk Alvarez.
-
Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
I vote anyone that voted "No, the Sox miss the playoffs" isn't allowed to make a playoff game thread.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Antonacci?
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
The rudest interaction I ever had at Soxfest was with the Chairman of the Board himself. What a grouch.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
If Will insists on an opener I'd like to see if be Hagen. Let's see what this kid is made of in a big spot. It's not like we have a ton of better options and he's been lights out this year and I don't trust Fedde to get through Yordan in the first.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
At least right now I kinda get it because isn't Frank suing the team? But before that it seemed like petty grudges. Same with AJ - he criticized the team and now he's on Jerry's bad side, even though AJ loved his time here and still roots for the Sox.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
He was like that at Soxfest too. I remember him buying the whole Big Bar at the Hyatt a round one year, like 2002/3/4 somewhere in there.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I think I'd start Fedde but honestly there isn't a great option. If Will decides to go with an opener, I really hope it isn't Hudson. He's really struggled in that role.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I mean damn.
-
2026 NFL thread
Eh... it lack it's luster for me with us starting our 3rd string QB. The defense really has to step up tonight. I'm not banking on Case Keenum to have the game of his life.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Idk, he's not. He had a lot of haters. Maybe because he was bad on the field.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
It's kind of weird with Frank how the organization seems to hate him. KW let him have it back in the day. I used to go to at least one road series a year, and several times I stayed at the team hotel. With the fans, there was no player better than Frank. He signed every autograph. Smiled and was pleasant with everyone. Took pictures with everyone. Usually if the front office hates you, your fan interaction is probably horrible. But for a 1st ballot HOFer, his was always outstanding from what I saw.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Ban him.
Today
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
They’ll need to still include Grichuk in the lineup! But I fear Venable will let him and his hot bat rot on the bench.
-
2026 NFL thread
Insane that I have no care about this game with playoff baseball still hanging around.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
caulfield12 — The International Man of SoxTalkCaulfield is another massive-volume, deeply knowledgeable, weirdly wide-ranging poster. His posts frequently go beyond the Sox into international baseball, ownership, economics, politics, overseas life, etc. He is also prolific enough that Greg recently called him “in the running for board MVP.” He's also part of the forum's meta-lore. There's an old thread specifically discussing which SoxTalk posters could theoretically have their own talk shows, and caulfield himself starts casting various posters in different roles. His particular superpower is: Nobody asked for a 700-word explanation of the implications of something. Caulfield has already written it. And there will probably be a reference to something happening in Europe. SoxTalk role: The guy who somehow knows the political situation in Finland, the ownership structure of the Twins, and what happened to a 2004 White Sox prospect.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Sandlin v bullpen date. Will's head is spinning on how to best deploy his splits.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Why is Gordon Beckham bad?
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
There's no doubt some of his posts have been used for AI training.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I mean Caulfield is the original AI. Oh you have some interest in this topic? Here are 47 related stories to it!