Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (โ‹ฎ) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour

  2. Hagen is opening. Fedde, Hicks, & Taylor seem likely to pitch two or more each. Guessing that one of Kay or Newcomb fills in somewhere between to break up the righties. My guess is they go with Kay for an inning or two and save Sean for a potential game #5 to open for Burke.
  3. I think tonight gets wild. 9-7 Sox
  4. So has the doom and gloom set in yet? Some think those 2 games won by the Sox were AI. They never give the Colson blamathon a rest. Maybe they could tutn him into the young Babe Ruth by also striking out hitters
  5. Lets keep that drought holding.
  6. Hopefully the smoke and mirrors pitching set up we have works again tonight. It's just so difficult for us to win night in and night out.
  7. No we're gonna get blwon out
  8. Just read that Will is going with Hagen Smith as the opener. Not sure I'm crazy about that choice. He has been back to his lack of control lately. Why not just start Fedde. These openers/bullpen games are catching up with Venable. I would do Fedde-Hicks-Taylor.
  9. What Ron tells himself in the mirror every morning
  10. Do we know the plan for pitching tonight? Is KAY starting?
  11. I'll tell her to strap it on if we win tonight!
  12. I was there too and agree that the hyped up atmosphere was both awesome and probably contributed to some of the high fastball chasing we saw. One thing that I don't think people are acknowledging enough is that our offense did put pressure on them - we had TWO hard hit, surely high xBA, balls with two runners in scoring position: one by Teel and one by Vargas. Both robbed by stellar defensive plays. That's baseball, but it makes me feel a lot better than if they had just gotten shut down (like we did to CLE in the first two games, frankly). If these guys calm down a bit this offense is gonna score some runs. Just need to hope the pitching magic of game 1 returns.
  13. that's how i feel about it. When they made the ALDS, i felt that anything they do from here on out is just icing on the cake. 102 losses to a playoff series win is quite an accomplishment. But after they took a 2-0 lead on the road, I'll be pissed if they blew this series by losing 2 at home and then a 3rd in a row at Cleveland....and at this point I can't say I'm confident that the Sox will win tonight or (if necessary) Saturday.
  14. I think it was the latter. He's always been a back of the rotation type of guy.
  15. I think that is his small man's word for "I am not getting my way and I am really mad and want to make everyone else suffer until I get my way."
  16. This area is definitely majority Cubs fan, but it's NOT Cubs Territory like Schaumburg or Arlington Heights as it's geographically neutral between north and south side. Nonetheless, plenty of Sox fans out here, but obviously the last 15 years or so has decimated people's interest in this team. People might not realize how many people live out here. 150k in Naperville and 200k in Aurora alone. Rejuvenating interesting in the Sox in the Naperville region is a good thing for this team.
  17. That's my favorite part. Like carpetbombing laugh emojis is some kind of real action. You know like debating with facts and figures instead of hiding in fear and emoji reactions like a coward.
  18. Maybe it's that injury he talked about that is making an impact or maybe he's simply not that good and just happened to have a hot streak.
  19. Tell the wife to sit back, relax, and strap it down! There will be white Sox baseball on the radio!
  20. https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/7664233/2026/10/07/guardians-white-sox-game-3-alds-mlb-playoffs/?source=dailyemail&campaign=601983&userId=602876&source=dailyemail
  21. What happened yesterday is exactly what I was afraid might happen. There was so much buildup to the game. The Rate is absolutely packed. The players came out tight and overhyped. 19 strikeouts just screams of a team trying too hard and just maybe the moment was too big for them. The pressure will only increase tonight. You don't want to go back to Cleveland. And yes the pressure is on the Guardians tonight as well but they have been through this a whole lot more than the Sox. Let's be honest. None of us know how this team has made it this far without basically any starting pitching. Look around the playoffs and who has advanced and why. The Rays, Brewers, and Dodgers, all in the top 4 in WHIP. Last night and especially tonight is exactly where you need a shutdown starting pitcher who can give you at least 6 innings, and then a lights out bullpen to cover the last 3. Hitting is great, home runs are great, but it's pitching and defense that wins in the playoffs and wins World Series titles. Whatever happens this has been an incredibly exciting year. All the young guys are getting invaluable experience. The same can be said for Venable and his staff. It is clear what this team needs moving forward. A whole lot of the pieces are already here. Go Sox!
  22. Merkin I think Ishbia went to Vandy and his brother bleeds Spartan green

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions โ†’ Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.