All Activity
Past hour
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I had a hot run there for a minute earlier this year, but after my first loss I chose to step down from gamethread duties due to fear of becoming the next Ron.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Yeah, I will always be a big fan of Frank, but he has always been insecure and the other things that go along with being an insecure person. I think it's easy enough to chalk it up to his background or whatever so it's not like I think he's a bad person or something, but it's hard to deny even if he has sometimes been right to point some of the fingers that have been pointed. Some of the fingers pointing at him were right too.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I still would start Sandlin and just have him on a short leash and only expect him to go 2. Or I see us opening with Newcomb
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
SOXTEMBER 2026
-
2026 NFL thread
Today the bears announced no roster moves, so Caleb will not be put on IR
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
So Caulfield made up the probables?
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
LFG! Take us to October!!!
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Bullpen vs. Bullpen
-
WILDCARD: 9/29 Sox at Astros, 4:00 PM CT. Guaranteed White Sox Victory Gamethread
Let's get that W, folks
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Just luck. I don't like the idea of Ron but what are we gonna do lol
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
The Sox have a really good record when Fedde pitches 3+ innings in any role. Something like 19-9.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Has that been the criteria in the past or are you just looking for a lucky charm ? We're hardly ever in the playoffs so I have no idea if its Ron because he had the last winning game thread accidentally or what . A Mod needs to step up here and provide some direction .
Today
-
Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
Finally voted.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Frank has always seemed soft and easily offended.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Fucking beat me to it. @ron883
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
They did do a national search the last time and Schriff was not the first pick. I know of a few people who got a very close look. Wonder if they will be considered this time around again.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
Just walk Alvarez.
-
Doomers, panicans, optimists and everybody betwixt - do the Sox make the playoffs? (8/25/2026 poll)
I vote anyone that voted "No, the Sox miss the playoffs" isn't allowed to make a playoff game thread.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
Antonacci?
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
The rudest interaction I ever had at Soxfest was with the Chairman of the Board himself. What a grouch.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
If Will insists on an opener I'd like to see if be Hagen. Let's see what this kid is made of in a big spot. It's not like we have a ton of better options and he's been lights out this year and I don't trust Fedde to get through Yordan in the first.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
At least right now I kinda get it because isn't Frank suing the team? But before that it seemed like petty grudges. Same with AJ - he criticized the team and now he's on Jerry's bad side, even though AJ loved his time here and still roots for the Sox.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
No openers, please. Lots of relievers have struggled in that role. It's not working. Sandlin or Fedde.
-
Schriffen: "It's been an amazing three years". Implies that them calling Sox games together is over. Could Stone be on his way out?
He was like that at Soxfest too. I remember him buying the whole Big Bar at the Hyatt a round one year, like 2002/3/4 somewhere in there.
-
Wild Card Round Discussion
I think I'd start Fedde but honestly there isn't a great option. If Will decides to go with an opener, I really hope it isn't Hudson. He's really struggled in that role.