seriously, mods I don't get it.

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
SS'er :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

Word to the wise on here as well, even if you get into long argument's with people on the board, try not to dwell on it, or take it too far.  You never know when you will meet people on the board, and debating in person is way more fun that on the board, because it involves beers. :drink

advice: if you have a major problem with someone, do it through PM's, it will get you in alot less trouble.

And meeting people on the board is what is great about this place. I have met about a handful or so and everyone has been an absolutely awesome person to be around.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Most here live in the MVP 2005 world..Its a sad state...

Thats funny coming from the guy who constantly proclaims "If KW would have signed the guy I would have signed...."

It isnt really what you say, more how you say it.

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)
Take any perceived slight with a grain of salt and respond in a humourous way to show that you are not upset by anything moderately outrageous said to you. That always help. I like to use the smilies to make sure everyone knows that I am typing with a smile on my face or tongue in cheek. :D

Almost everything i say is with a slight bit of kidding.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:35 PM)
SS  :cheers

I gotta agree this has become the best sox MB since 11/16/04..

I'd agree

I haven't really posted cuz a lot on Soxtalk lately. cuz a lot of the threads have become stupid....majority of my posts lately have been in the help forum or a game thread.

I haven't posted in other threads cuz of the 6,000,000,000,000 stupid things and the 10 smart things that go on in them. Reading post number one in a thread makes me want to post an opinion, but the farther i get down the line of posts....my interests in threads dwindle because of arguing or lameness.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:54 AM)
ENOUGH!!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY, MODS, PLEASE PUT AN END TO THIS GARBAGE!

The recent influx of stupidity has single-handedly ruined the Soxtalk expierence.

I know you guys are doing the best you can, but boy-o-boy things are bad.

I have felt that way for a while now. It was getting better, but I generally just read now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
I joined this year and I am fairly new to the board.  People beat up on you in circumstances where it is somewhat warranted.  How many threads have you started that lead to no real discussion?  If you want to be a respectable poster on the board you have to go through the pains of being new, including getting ignored, having your opinion torn apart by stats and people not posting in your topics.

I have a decent amount of posts, and I like to think I contribute in some way to certain topics, but I still get my ass handed to me 90 percent of the time.  Its a part of being new to a community of crabby ass sox fans.

I agree. People come on here and expect to be very respected when they have no earned the respect. When I first came, I read only, and seldom posted. After awhile I started to post alot. And I like to think I didn't make too many stupid posts. People have always made stupid posts and threads, and they have always been dealt with the same way since I have been here.

You're actually a good example of a newer poster. I don't agree with all of your opinions to an extent, but you leave it at the baseball, I hate it when people use comebacks like "jackass" et al.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
Red Stripe commercials rock.

So does the beer! :drink

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Welcome to Soxtalk.. That is how it is here.. If you don't go along with what the majority is saying they jump down your throat. And what ever you do never ever, tell them the truth about a player or/coach or/GM.. on the Sox... Most here live in the MVP 2005 world..Its a sad state...

That's not true at all. I am the best proof of that.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:02 PM)
I always miss the uprisings, don't I?  DAMN ORTHODONTIST!!!  (By the way, the band brackets SUCK!!!!!)

I don't think it was an uprising. I missed it too. I think it was just a poster disliked his/her thread being removed.

I know this isn't going to be popular with Nuke, but I know he won't take it as an offense.. but IMO the "eat s*** b****es" bulls*** is regoshdamndiculous. It's sound stupid and it looks childish when a visitor sees it (as I've been told).

About 8 months ago we had several players lurking and they were totally turned off by some of the lauguage here.. it got better for a while.. but now it's back. The telling of people to eff off for no apparent reason.. it's just plain stupid.. and makes the site look stupid. Hate WSI all you want (for those of you that do) but their (as you haters call it) Nazi style of moderation sure does do wonders for the amount of trolls they ban and the lack of bs posted there..

As always.. JMO

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)
Like they never curse.

Of course they do.. although I'm sure they don't go around calling Neal a "effing piece of s***" when he gives up a run. Or call Rooney an "effing homosexual" beause they don't like the way he calls a game.. Just a couple examples.. but back then there were plenty. And it's effected them returning.

You know...

I was talking to witesoxfan awhile back on AOL IM...

I suggested to him that Jas, etc. may enforce a stricter language filter some day if Brooks and the Sox want to sponsor us more.

That day could come.

QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
You know...

I was talking to witesoxfan awhile back on AOL IM...

I suggested to him that Jas, etc. may enforce a stricter language filter some day if Brooks and the Sox want to sponsor us more.

That day could come.

Would you really want an official connection to the White Sox?

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 9, 2005 -> 01:19 PM)
Of course they do.. although I'm sure they don't go around calling Neal a "effing piece of s***" when he gives up a run. Or call Rooney an "effing homosexual" beause they don't like the way he calls a game.. Just a couple examples.. but back then there were plenty. And it's effected them returning.

It's not just players, either.