Angels @ White Sox--ALCS Game 2

Whitesoxfan56

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
yeah but i think he dropped it right after he caught it.  He sort of covered it up with his glove and didn't notice it.

On FOX's super slow-mo, it looked like the ball bounced before he caught it. Now the Angels will be b****ing for the rest of the series.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Yep,

If you look at that super slow-mo replay, it looks like it went down the up into the mitt.

My mom and I are on the phone now and we both saw the ball was trapped and the dirt kick up from it. There is no question in mind, the ump made the right call.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
Yep,

If you look at that super slow-mo replay, it looks like it went down the up into the mitt.

It seemed to hit the webbing and bounce up.

Mark calls it one of his best games ever. :cheers

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
On FOX's super slow-mo, it looked like the ball bounced before he caught it. Now the Angels will be b****ing for the rest of the series.

No i don't think so. They are class acts and Mike Scioscia will be the last guy to make excuses. They are a bunch of professionals. Like Rex Hudler said excuses are for teams that don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:10 AM)
Wow, I'm just STUNNED.  I think he was out, whether the ball hit the dirt or not, the ump called him OUT.  End of story.  He blew the call.

I agree, kap. It's a tough way to win, because if the White Sox make some noise this series and next, it will be overlooked for years.

A wins a win, but the umpire definitly blew the call. Im surprised Sciosia wasn't back out there on the field in that umpires face.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 13, 2005 -> 03:12 AM)
I agree, kap.  It's a tough way to win, because if the White Sox make some noise this series and next, it will be overlooked for years.

A wins a win, but the umpire definitly blew the call.  Im surprised Sciosia wasn't back out there on the field in that umpires face.

I will 100% admit it - that was the WRONG call. AJP was gone, the ump punched him out, and that's the call. The whole crew blew that call.

But CREDE HAD SOME BALLS and hit it.

Whatever, they won out of their ass.

And Sciosia is CLASS. Period.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 08:12 PM)
I agree, kap.  It's a tough way to win, because if the White Sox make some noise this series and next, it will be overlooked for years.

A wins a win, but the umpire definitly blew the call.  Im surprised Sciosia wasn't back out there on the field in that umpires face.

sciosia kept rubbing his throat the whole game. the way that vladdy looked i wouldn't be surprised if they are all coming down with the same s*** that washburn did. NICE!

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)
I will 100% admit it - that was the WRONG call.  AJP was gone, the ump punched him out, and that's the call.  The whole crew blew that call.

But CREDE HAD SOME BALLS and hit it.

Whatever, they won out of their ass.

And Sciosia is CLASS.  Period.

yeah he will say the reason they lost the game is because of the runners stranded in the 5th and 8th innings. IMHO he is the best manager in the AL. Edited by White Sox Josh

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)

This is percisely what I fear. If this team advances farther into the playoffs we'll continually hear people discredit our run.

It's inevitable at this point. We can sweep the remainder of this series AND the World Series and this game will find it's way into the discussion.

What a ball game. I don't know if that was an out or not (regarding AJ) but I thought the side angle showed dirt get kicked up. The Angle fox kept showing was too hard to see that from.

The Fox TV crew was obviously decided on it being an out, but the radio crew was quite different thinking it got some dirt.

I can't say for sure, but one angle (the side angle) made it look like it may have hit the dirt.

Regardless, Buehrle pitched awesome, Crede came through huge and AJ was heads up going down to 1st.

I could give 2 s***s the way we won, or how we won.

It doesnt matter. We have a win here.

We need 3 more to move on. 3 more losses and we are gone. Thats all that matters.

If cover came off the ball like in the natural I dont care.

WE WIN, THEY LOSE, THATS ALL THAT MATTERS.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Oct 12, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
What a ball game.  I don't know if that was an out or not (regarding AJ) but I thought the side angle showed dirt get kicked up.  The Angle fox kept showing was too hard to see that from.

The Fox TV crew was obviously decided on it being an out, but the radio crew was quite different thinking it got some dirt. 

I can't say for sure, but one angle (the side angle) made it look like it may have hit the dirt. 

Regardless, Buehrle pitched awesome, Crede came through huge and AJ was heads up going down to 1st.

When I saw it in real time I thought it hit the ground then the fox angle made it look like he caught it. That being said Josh turns his glove over and you really get blocked from the view. Once mlb.tv comes up I'm going to watch that over and over again.