White Sox vs. Blue Jays, 5/31/07 (L)

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
I don't think it's "officially" summer yet. Perfect storm, too, with Podsednik, Erstad and Thome all missing a good amount of time. And Iguchi, too! Perfect storm!

I'm shocked, literally shocked, that Pods, Erstad, and Thome all got hurt this year.

I don't think Walker is the problem...we just don't have a good hitting team unless we are going yard 3 or 4 times a game.

Uribe .210

Mack . 239

Crede .227

PK .229

Gooch .223

AJP looks like Ted Williams with his .255 average

To top that off, very little speed and mostly poor fundamental baseball. We have 3 or 4 players in our lineup right now (CF, LF, 2nd for sure, not impressed with SS or 3rd) that would not start for most teams in baseball.

And I have little confidence that help is in Charlotte. Sweeney is hitting about .250 down there and Anderson around .270. Owens is no help and is more a utility guy. We're screwed for this year.

And get well Darrin...dude probably was one of our best players this year so far.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:52 PM)
Will Buehrle get credit for a Complete Game only pitching 8 innings?

Yes. Just like Freddy got the CG two years ago in the rain-shortened Cubs game. Pitched 6 innings I believe.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 12:52 AM)
We can't really trade Crede or Iguchi right now though. We have to hold onto them until July, hopefully they get hot and as the deadline approaches teams get desperate and overpay. Because to trade them now would be the Cub thing to do, since we'd get nothing back.

As much as we overrate their prospects, the Angels might get desperate for a 3rd baseman.

2 hits, complete game, no walks, and stands to lose.

Time for another KW motivational statement? Oh thats been done.

Ozzie taking blame? Oh, thats been done.

What now? Oh yeah, its the "Its still early , remember the Astros in 2005" remark

Edited by klaus kinski

QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:50 PM)
Here would be my moves:

- Trade Crede (call up Fields)

- Call up BA for CF and Sweeney for LF (dump Pods)

- Trade Iguchi if you can get any value

Even though I doubt Iguchi or Crede would be traded, it'll have to be another month of losing games before any of that is considered.

Hopefully Podsednik is cut before that point.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 1, 2007 -> 12:54 AM)
As much as we overrate their prospects, the Angels might get desperate for a 3rd baseman.

I know that Santo is going to come after me after I mention this, but I'd still try and get Santana. Where would he play? I don't know, see if the Mets want a pitcher for Milledge and a decent pitching prospect.

QUOTE(kwolf68 @ May 31, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
I don't think Walker is the problem...we just don't have a good hitting team unless we are going yard 3 or 4 times a game.

Uribe .210

Mack . 239

Crede .227

PK .229

Gooch .223

AJP looks like Ted Williams with his .255 average

To top that off, very little speed and mostly poor fundamental baseball. We have 3 or 4 players in our lineup right now (CF, LF, 2nd for sure, not impressed with SS or 3rd) that would not start for most teams in baseball.

And I have little confidence that help is in Charlotte. Sweeney is hitting about .250 down there and Anderson around .270. Owens is no help and is more a utility guy. We're screwed for this year.

And get well Darrin...dude probably was one of our best players this year so far.

I cant count the number of times I saw a quote where Walker or a hitter were quoted as saying, that Walk and they are working on them getting more power. It happened at the end of Carlos Lee's 28 game hitting streak, it happened in 05 at San Diego with Rowand and he was dust offensively for the rest of the season. He likes our hitters to get around on the ball and drive it. Aka Lift and Pull