New Sox Fans...

Indywallin

Hey all...

I guess you could say I am the "newest" White Sox fan. My family and I were featured in an article printed in the Chicago Tribune. We solicited every MLB team with the intentions on finding one franchise to cheer for. The White Sox blew away the competition by a landslide.

Katie Kirby and her staff have been unbelievable in their efforts of recruiting my family. In addition, Brooks Boyer took the time to personally contact me and welcome my family to the White Sox family. He suggested that I check out Soxtalk.com to get a feel for the passion of White Sox fans.

I look forward to posting with you all and catching up on White Sox history. My family and I look forward to meeting many of you this season at US Cellular.

Now, on to the important stuff...

Who will be the Sox fifth starter?

Juan Uribe an everyday starter at Short, really?

Is Konerko going to be around come Opening Day?

Can Jermaine Dye fill Magg's shoes?

Do the Sox have a competant player at Second, Third and Catcher???

Is there a hot prospect on the farm?

Can I find a place to park near the ballpark?

Nice to be a Sox fan!!!

Indywallin :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopfully, no one in our organization at this point.

Defiantly

Tough one, he'll probaly be your answer to the first question, in an indirect kind of way.

Yes and no. He won't put up Mags numbers but he's a great replacement for the price

No, Proably, maby

Is there a hot prospect on the farm

Yes, contrary to popular belief

hmmmmmmmm

something smells fishy to me and thas not myself.

Broyer couldn't have referenced us.

Nope it is the honest to God truth. After I read the article, and I talked to Jason, I thought that an out of town Sox fan needed a place to feel at home with other Sox fans. I emailed Brooks and offered to invite the Wallins to check out our White Sox community. Brooks thought it would be a great idea, and passed on our site. He actually gave me the email address to contact them, but I am glad to see they took the initiative and signed up on their own. :)

Now that stuff is all past... Welcome to Soxtalk guys. This is an extremely dedicated and passionate group of Sox fans from all walks of life. There is more knowledge of love the White Sox than just about anywhere else you can find, outside of 35th and Shields. We might argue a little amongst ourselves, but our love for the White Sox unites us all ultimately.

I am one of the administrators for the site. My name is Mike and if you have an questions or comments feel free to email or send me a private message. Chisoxfn (Jason) is actually the main man here, as it is his site. He is also a great guy to talk to if you need to know anything.

And once again, welcome to Soxtalk, and most importantly congrats on adopting the southsiders as your favorite team :cheers

Nope it is the honest to God truth.  After I read the article, and I talked to Jason, I thought that an out of town Sox fan needed a place to feel at home with other Sox fans.  I emailed Brooks and offered to invite the Wallins to check out our White Sox community.  Brooks thought it would be a great idea, and passed on our site.  He actually gave me the email address to contact them, but I am glad to see they took the initiative and signed up on their own. :)

Now that stuff is all past... Welcome to Soxtalk guys.  This is an extremely dedicated and passionate group of Sox fans from all walks of life.  There is more knowledge of love the White Sox than just about anywhere else you can find, outside of 35th and Shields.  We might argue a little amongst ourselves, but our love for the White Sox unites us all ultimately.

I am one of the administrators for the site.  My name is Mike and if you have an questions or comments feel free to email or send me a private message.  Chisoxfn (Jason) is actually the main man here, as it is his site.  He is also a great guy to talk to if you need to know anything.

And once again, welcome to Soxtalk, and most importantly congrats on adopting the southsiders as your favorite team :cheers

Now that this has been cleared up....

WELCOME TO SOXTALK.COM!!!!

Hope you stay here! :snr :headbang :cheers

I'm gonna try and throw out some answers(guesses) here.

Jon Garland/Wilson Alvarez/Dustin Hermanson -- Watch out for BMac after the break.

Yes -- With a little more consistency he can be a star in this league. Just a fun guy to watch play baseball.

Yes. Lee provides more trade value, and the teams who I could have foreseen Konerko being traded to all seem to still have their primary target available.

Yes, I'd be willing to take a bet Dye's HR+RBI vs. Maggs HR+RBI next season. Dye's better defensively too.

Second -- Willie is a wiz defensively. So as long as he doesn't step up to the plate, Yes. -- Uribe can play second, so the answer is still yes.

Third -- I've been down on Joe Crede, but for no apparent reason, I actually think he's going to have a good year. Uribe can play third, though I don't think he's a gold-glover like he is at 2nd and short ther. So the answer is still yes.

Catcher -- We have capable back-ups. -- So the answer is no.

Is there a hot prospect on the farm?
Yes -- The aformentioned BMac. Most strikeouts in all of the Minor Leagues last season. A solid performance in the first half at AA this year, and I suspect that he'll be fast tracked to the Bigs.

Can I find a place to park near the ballpark?
Yes.

WELCOME TO SOXTALK!!

I am one of the youth of the board. We're a tad annoying, and opinionated, but we're also likable ( I think ).

Brooks Boyer = Awesome

You'll probably run into a feud here and there, but once Spring Training starts, most of it is thrown out the window and we unite as one whole Sox fan.

Indywallin, here is my TOP TEN reasons to be a Sox fan...

10.) The cool commercials

9.) Old Players like Fisk, McDowell, etc...

8.) Twins

7.) Twins fans

6.) We have the "ballmall"

5.) Tradition

4.) Better to be a Sox fan than a die hard Cub fan

3.) Love the Black and Silver colors

2.) Cubs

1.) Cubs fans